FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » What's your latest rum purchase?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 )
What's your latest rum purchase?
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 18 days ago; 11:16 am   Permalink

My bar has been slowly draining and I've not bothered to restock until now. Recently I've acquired or ordered:

Cruzan Aged Light
Cruzan Aged Dark (my 2 basic mixing rums)
Flor de Caña 4
Lost Spirits Navy Rum (to replace my nearly empty Smith & Cross)
Plantation Dark 143 proof (to replace Bacardi 151 and Cruzan 151 as my basic overproof)
Plantation OFTD
Ron Zacapa

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HopeChest
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 18 days ago; 12:25 pm   Permalink

Lately my go-to drink has been a Daiquiri #3 with Flor de Caña 4. I have liked using it in several cocktails in the past but the Daiquiri #3 was the one that made me think, "Okay, I absolutely love this rum."

View Profile of HopeChest Send a personal message to HopeChest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 18 days ago; 2:27 pm   Permalink

Doorly XO and Bacardi 1919.

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 13 days ago; 7:58 pm   Permalink

Bought the gin . I was in the mood for a Saturn Not a big fan of Spiced rums but this one had a wonderful nose. The Blonde had no nose whatsoever. Nice to see another rum distiller in San Diego. I usually use "Death’s Door” Gin in my Saturn’s but I also like to experiment. I intend to grab a bottle of the Spiced rum next trip. The drink recipes sound good.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 5:21 pm   Permalink

David- looks good

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 9:52 pm   Permalink

My most recent is Trader Vic's Royal Amber rum. I'm not fond of the rest of the TV rums, but I to give credit where credit is due, and the Royal Amber makes a great Mai Tai. One of the best Mai Tais I've ever had, even better than the Saint James Hors D'Age and Appleton 12 combo.

View Profile of Dr. Coruba Send a personal message to Dr. Coruba  Email Dr. Coruba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmtreePat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 09:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-02-21 21:52, Dr. Coruba wrote:
My most recent is Trader Vic's Royal Amber rum. I'm not fond of the rest of the TV rums, but I to give credit where credit is due, and the Royal Amber makes a great Mai Tai. One of the best Mai Tais I've ever had, even better than the Saint James Hors D'Age and Appleton 12 combo.

Just where can one get this Royal Amber? I've never seen it in the flesh, even in liquor stores that stock the whole rest of TV's rum line.

View Profile of PalmtreePat Send a personal message to PalmtreePat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cocktail_adventuring

Posted: 3 days ago; 2:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-01-11 20:21, CosmoReverb wrote:
I recently ran out of Clement VSOP and so needed to replace it (as it was my only rhum agricole.) I wanted to try something new but couldn't decide whether to get something light and strong for mixed drinks, or something aged and more complex for cocktails (or even neat.) Since these were both reasonably priced and I am notoriously indecisive I grabbed both the Damoiseau and the JM to hopefully cover both bases.

I hope I made the right choices. Any opinions?

I also grabbed the Dominican Club Silver because it was on the store's close-out shelf for five bucks, so why not, and the Pyrat because my gal thought the bottle was too cute not to pick up. The Sirop was an impulse buy inspired on another recent thread.

Which Store did you get the Sirop JM at?

View Profile of cocktail_adventuring Send a personal message to cocktail_adventuring  Goto the website of cocktail_adventuring     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CosmoReverb
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 3 days ago; 2:40 pm   Permalink

Hi Time Wine Cellars in Costa Mesa

View Profile of CosmoReverb Send a personal message to CosmoReverb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cocktail_adventuring

Posted: 3 days ago; 4:52 pm   Permalink

Thank you. I've been close to ordering from Hi Time and this might seal the deal.

View Profile of cocktail_adventuring Send a personal message to cocktail_adventuring  Goto the website of cocktail_adventuring     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 3 days ago; 6:30 pm   Permalink

Over the weekend I picked up some Hamilton 86 to replace the El Dorado 5 I'd just finished. Pretty good, though on its own (and to my tongue) it seems to have slightly less dimension. I did enjoy it in an Ancient Mariner, and looking forward to trying a Queen's Park Swizzle.

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HopeChest
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Yesterday; 6:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-02-22 09:02, PalmtreePat wrote:

Just where can one get this Royal Amber? I've never seen it in the flesh, even in liquor stores that stock the whole rest of TV's rum line.

No joke. I live 4 freeway exits from TV Emeryville and know of at least 4 local bars that use TV rums for specific cocktails but don't know of a single place in my area that actually sells the stuff. I even wrote to them via the TV Rum website some time ago begging for info on local vendors cos I want to get the Royal Amber so badly but they never responded.

View Profile of HopeChest Send a personal message to HopeChest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation