FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » What's your latest rum purchase?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 )
What's your latest rum purchase?
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 19 days ago; 4:52 pm   Permalink

Yesterday bought a bottle of Don Q Cristal and Bacardi 8. Given the price point, I was happy to try Don Q, though after its out I will probably revert back to Cruzan for my light rum.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KrakenHunterSteve
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 15 days ago; 8:40 pm   Permalink

The Vizcapa has a great flavor, and the alcohol is a little harsh. I bet this one will be excellent over ice or after a little oxidation. Beltran was good, but not great. And of course the others are just necessities.

Wow, first try doing this from my phone.

[ This Message was edited by: KrakenHunterSteve 2014-11-07 20:41 ]

View Profile of KrakenHunterSteve Send a personal message to KrakenHunterSteve  Email KrakenHunterSteve     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 13 days ago; 6:43 pm   Permalink

I bought a bottle of Goslings Black Seal and a 6 pack of Goslings Ginger Beer for some Black & Stormies.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 13 days ago; 7:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-11-09 18:43, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
I bought a bottle of Goslings Black Seal and a 6 pack of Goslings Ginger Beer for some Black & Stormies.

Lori, There’s a ton of ginger beers to choose from. Some will actually change the “character” of a Dark and Stormy. My favs are Reeds and a very good Australian, Bundaberg. Have fun comparing em all.
David

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 7 days ago; 11:20 pm   Permalink

Good friend of mine came to visit us from Pittsburgh
Lil gift
Ahhhhhhh

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 4:24 pm   Permalink

Yep, found it here in Vegas
Ahhhhhh

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Overproof Mike

Posted: Yesterday; 6:16 pm   Permalink

Latest rum purchases were actually driven over to Pittsburgh from California by my in-laws. They brought Lost Spirits Navy Style 68%, 2 bottles of Lost Spirits Cuban Style 151 Proof, Plantation Single Cask Trinidad 1999, Three Sheets Barrel Aged (out of San Diego), and Hamilton Collection Jamaican Pot Still Black. I also have an order of 2 bottles of Plantation Dark Overproof at 146 proof and a friend bringing up a bottle of El Dorado 151. I guess you can probably figure why I go by overproof.

View Profile of Overproof Mike Send a personal message to Overproof Mike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Yesterday; 7:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-11-07 20:40, KrakenHunterSteve wrote:
The Vizcapa has a great flavor, and the alcohol is a little harsh. I bet this one will be excellent over ice or after a little oxidation. Beltran was good, but not great. And of course the others are just necessities.

Wow, first try doing this from my phone.

[ This Message was edited by: KrakenHunterSteve 2014-11-07 20:41 ]

Been on the lookout for that Galliano gift set. Haven't come across it yet. Tomorrow I'll be hitting the big box store (Total Wine) in Jensen beach.....wish me luck.

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation