FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Fall 2013 Mug Swap
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Fall 2013 Mug Swap
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-05 09:04 am   Permalink

Here's what AdOrAdam sent me:

I've been eyeing those Butlin's mugs for a long time now! AdOrAdam found it on my Ooga Mooga Wish List! Very cool.

The Churchill pot is in a bamboo-like style and will one day have mint growing in it.

Mahalo AOA!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-05 7:07 pm   Permalink

Received a great package from Pikey's Dog.

A Pony Express Kane to keep company with my Pony Express Ku

A Moai Statue to add to my wife's 48 year old collection of Moais

And an empty but aromatic bottle of Havana Club Rum (My best man was from Havana)

And a whole bunch of go-withs.

Mahalo....Pikey's Dog...Cheerio

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-10 6:11 pm   Permalink

Received my swap box from Klockwork. Lots of good stuff including a Trader Sam's Shrunken Zombie Head mug....the first Trader Sam example in my collection. Also a lot of loot from various Tiki conventions. Really appreciated those items since not of lot of Tiki conventions here in Michigan. Plus coasters, swizzles, matches, Oasis pendant, loot bag, and big baby tiki sippy cup. Mahalo---Klockwork

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
klockwork
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-12-14 4:59 pm   Permalink

Glad you like it Ukutiki! Hopefully it brings a little tiki sun into your cold Michigan winter.

So I'm a little late in posting my package, but I got a fantastic grip of swag from my home stomping grounds of Illinois! All courtesy of my lil' bro Ragbag Comics.

First off there are the mugs, Fong Fest shirts (art by Ragbag Comics), Fong Fest posters (art ALSO by Ragbag Comics) and a couple girlie Mags. Mugs included were A Three Dots and a Dash Sea Urchin, A Foundation Barrel and a Kon Tiki Ports Ku mug:

Then there are the massive amounts of swizzles from a variety of cool places, matchbooks and coasters:

The posters look great all framed and ready to be hung up in the bar (once it gets finished):

Thanks for everything!

View Profile of klockwork Send a personal message to klockwork      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-19 12:47 am   Permalink

No sign of mine yet...

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-05 06:08 am   Permalink

One trade received - Thanks Pittsburgh Pauly - still awaiting the second swap though...

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holler Waller
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-22 3:29 pm   Permalink

Anything on the horizon P Dog?

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-27 4:54 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately not - I think Pirates may have intercepted it somewhere in the Atlantic...

TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-02-27 5:21 pm   Permalink

Well, that sucks! Did you ever get a tracking number from your trading partner?

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-28 01:54 am   Permalink

No.

I've written it off to be honest.

8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-28 08:30 am   Permalink

That's why I decided not to do any more of these trades. Although many of the photos shown are full of cool goodies, my own fortunes were less than what the rules implied. (No package, cracked mugs, wooden mug). Anyway, I know it's all about the aloha etc.......but too bad when some of the "ohana" just enter and receive, don't give. I still enjoy seeing the threads like this because it shows that there are some very generous and friendly swappers who participate and I like seeing all of the extras that folks toss in.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-28 2:41 pm   Permalink

We've written it off as lost
But I have a back-up! I figured this could happen at some point, and Slacks Ferret has been kind enough to send along some things to include in it before I ship it off to the great unknown again, I mean.... to the UK.
Thanks for hanging in there Pikey

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-01 07:57 am   Permalink

Thanks for the update -

I fully believe that the trade was sent - just that I've been unfortunate in not receiving it.

There's probably a "package handler" drinking a tropical cocktail from a Tiki mug right now....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation