advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Back Yard Tiki Project Vegas
Back Yard Tiki Project Vegas
Diverboy

Posted: 2013-10-04 10:45 am   Permalink

Hey All , great forum, Im working on a new project, Not near the level as most of the other home tiki bars on here, but fun just the same.

The original Patio Area and early Tiki Bar

Started by Putting cabana weave on the walls

Then added more and painted patio doors

Added bamboo poles, and a palapa connecting the the patio.

More to Come!

View Profile of Diverboy Send a personal message to Diverboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Diverboy

Posted: 2013-10-05 09:01 am   Permalink

Here are a fe more pics of the work in progress

the original Kit bar which I will later customize

Closing off the open patio and creating the back of the bar area

Customizing the bar Kit

Bamboo panels on front of bar

MORE TO COME, Thanks!

View Profile of Diverboy Send a personal message to Diverboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dtel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-05 10:41 am   Permalink

Cool looking yard, hard to beat a bar with a pool area like that right there, perfect for parties.

View Profile of dtel Send a personal message to dtel  Email dtel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-05 1:02 pm   Permalink

You are doing a great job...love the random heights of the bamboo...it adds dimension. Welcome to TC...looking forward to more pictures of your project.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-05 9:31 pm   Permalink

Like the thick boo

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Diverboy

Posted: 2013-10-06 10:23 am   Permalink

Lined the back wall with bamboo reed and added Tiki Masks, got some rattan/bamboo furniture off of craigs list, this is the view from the bar area

Put reed on the ceiling ( man do I hate working with Stucco!) aded glass floats, net and some nautical decor Trying to keep everything Vintage tiki south pacific. found a vintage looking internet capable radio with Pandora and sirius capabilities. changed the old porch lights from stupid spotlights to a rustic lantern style with flickering bulb, I liked the lava lamps at first but i dont think they go with the "vintage" look, Ill probably lose them.

AdOrAdam
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-10-06 12:37 pm   Permalink

I'm liking the pics on the this thread - keep em coming!

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-06 3:42 pm   Permalink

I dig the progress. Great setting, like a grand backdrop for an amazing work of art. Looking forward to seeing more.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Diverboy

Posted: 2013-10-13 10:06 am   Permalink

Here are the latest additions and updates, I added some more decor and a few bistro chairs to allow for a more open seating feel, also it would be hard to fit all my guests onto the sofa.
Flat screen TV covered by sunbrella canvas in brown.
Next step is to add even more nautical Tiki Decor and to cover the rest of the perimeter wall in bamboo reed.

Diverboy

Posted: 2013-10-13 10:08 am   Permalink

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-16 8:37 pm   Permalink

Awesome
You can send me a copy of da key
I'll keep it safe for you

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-17 2:12 pm   Permalink

Diver, that looks great! Inspires me to try and finally convert part of my patio to the little slice o'Tiki heaven I've been wanting for years. I like the vintage style telephone you hung outside, too. Nice touch.

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dipsmith

Posted: 2013-10-28 10:49 pm   Permalink

One of my friend in Florida has this kind of Tiki Bar built with bamboo in his backyard and it looks awesome. We are thinking to have the same in our backyard,They are available in huge variety you can have them without spending much.

[ This Message was edited by: Dipsmith 2013-11-05 04:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Dipsmith 2013-11-05 04:28 ]

View Profile of Dipsmith Send a personal message to Dipsmith      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Gino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-05 06:52 am   Permalink

Awesome job so far. Love the radio too!

View Profile of Trader Gino Send a personal message to Trader Gino  Goto the website of Trader Gino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation