||Be careful when pouring a flaming drink
Joined: Nov 23, 2010
|Posted: 2013-10-07 08:57 am  Permalink|
"You can't eat real Polynesian food. It's the most horrible junk I've ever tasted." —Trader Vic Bergeron
Joined: Mar 11, 2011
|Posted: 2013-10-07 09:18 am  Permalink|
This bartender is a fucking idiot not to know that once the drink is lit that's it--no more alcohol goes on top.
Hope the girl was ok and hope she sued the shit out of the establishment and the bartender.
Joined: Jun 16, 2013
From: Wolverhampton, UK
|Posted: 2013-10-07 1:06 pm  Permalink|
Well dur! I've not poured flamable liquid on fire in a while, I imagine the bartenders first shift was his last!
Joined: Aug 03, 2004
From: Omao, Kauai
|Posted: 2013-10-07 1:11 pm  Permalink|
Damn, that's horrific!
Joined: Aug 24, 2006
From: Aboard the 'Leaky Tiki', Dallas
|Posted: 2013-10-07 2:18 pm  Permalink|
Wow! Apparently in a Moscow bar (sorry, American tort lawyers). The fire enters the bottle just as he begins to tip it. Then, as he tips it farther, the liquid blocks the opening, and expanding combustion gas inside the bottle forces the liquor out in a flaming stream. Here's the whole video of the story on Russian news.
They interview her. At least she wasn't blinded, but her hair looks a bit chopped. I wonder if her big sunglasses and neck scarf are hiding missing eyebrows and burns on her neck. Perhaps a bilingual TCer can tell translate gist of what she says about the experience.
"The rum's the thing..."
Joined: Aug 10, 2004
From: Redondo Beach, CA
|Posted: 2013-10-07 3:08 pm  Permalink|
Another related Russian News YouTube video.