FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » Night Moves in Huntington Beach?
Night Moves in Huntington Beach?
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-07 12:28 pm   Permalink

Question for the OC Contigent....does anyone remember where the infamous night club "Night Moves" was located?

I saw the Swamp Zombies (With I believe, Shag on guitar) in the late 80's at that club.....

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-07 12:34 pm   Permalink

According to

L.A. Times Article

5902 Warner Ave

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-07 2:17 pm   Permalink

Was in the center (far right corner) at Warner & Springdale St.in H.B.
Started to have punk acts in 1984

Here it is today:

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2013-10-07 3:07 pm   Permalink

I saw many shows there back when the good bands were either there or at Bogarts in Long beach or both. I was there when Gherkin Raucous brought the owner on stage to sing along to Bob Seger's Night Moves and he was hit in the head with a bottle from the crowd. Tragic but yet…

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-08 10:21 am   Permalink

And if we go to 5902 Warner Ave. now, we find Huntington Beach Massage. What would the late Pat Brown have done if he was around?

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-08 10:56 am   Permalink

Hell, the better question would be, "what would CHUCK TATUM" have done?"

Chuck tatum = Tiki.....we all know that.

But did you know that Juke Joints are Tiki?

See that feller holding the gun on the left?....once, back in 1948, Vic bergeron was travelling through Mississipi, and got lost down some rural back road. He passed by that Juke Joint, asked the feller with the gun for directions, then got back in his car and left.

There is your connection. That's why Juke Joints are now considered to be the same as tiki bars.

(Remember...it's ALL good, and it's ALL tiki!)

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

[ This Message was edited by: Lucas Vigor 2013-10-08 14:39 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-09 12:12 pm   Permalink

Here is some information on the Swamp Zombies...in many ways, a pre-neo-tiki band....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_Zombies

There is a funny personal story attached to this crazy thread. it was 1986, and I was on leave from the military, and hooked up with some high school buddies (In a wierd twist of fate, one of those buddies now lives near SHAG.)

We decided to go out and catch some bands. Night moves was the place, the band was the Swamp Zombies. Me and my buds were getting piss-drunk and obnoxious, and heckling the band something awful...during a break, the singer of the band (who played a green upright bass as well) came down and sat with us, had a few beers. Turned out to be the best way to get us to stop the heckling.

My three buddies and I got "picked up" by three girls, and we left with them. Suffice it to say, after I sobered up I had one of those WTF moments and left....walked home. I lived in north orange at the time, so as you can tell a walk home from Night moves to there was about 20 miles....at 3:00 in the AM that's a tough walk!

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-12 11:19 pm   Permalink

Night Moves 88-ish?

Knew that place well.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-13 12:12 am   Permalink

Is that Mick, Ben?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-13 10:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-10-13 00:12, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Is that Mick, Ben?

Frank Martinez

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation