Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki two hawaiian books from my youth
two hawaiian books from my youth
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-14 08:06 am   Permalink

while cleaning the garage, I came across two books my aunt had sent me from Hawaii when I was a kid. I still remember how much I loved these books, the stories and the characters. was wondering if anyone else had seen or read these before?

Pua Pua Lena lena and his magic Kiha-Pu

Adventures of Kama Pua

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-15 6:06 pm   Permalink

I read the Kama Pua about 10,000 times as a kid! The 10 eyed 10 tusked boar page scared the willies out me (or should I say, gave me chicken skin!). Both are illustrated by Guy Buffet, who did fantastic watercolor illustrations of local life in the 70's and 80's. He eventually left the islands and started paining chefs and kitchens.

http://guybuffet.photoshelter.com

Great post!

Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-15 8:40 pm   Permalink

how did I know you would be the other one who had read these!!! yea the pix of the boar scared me too, lol!!! I didn't know that Guy did other stuff besides Hawaiian painting, good to know!!! I love his work!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation