Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Hawaiian Days at Armstrong Garden Centers
Hawaiian Days at Armstrong Garden Centers
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-01 11:11 am   Permalink

I stopped by Armstrong Garden Center yesterday to pick up some stuff to spruce up the yard, and stumbled upon their current promotion: Hawaiian Days! The whole place is all decked out in bamboo, thatching, reed fence, fish nets, etc... and loads of tropical plants.

Good deals on quality tropical plants of all types, but the best deal I found was my new Rapa Nui birdbath! Cast concrete and 27" tall, one of the best lawn ornament Tikis I've seen recently. Here's a pic for ya:
Rapa Nui Birdbath

They also have a pretty awesome Pacific Gong, perfect for those ceremonial offerings to your home Tiki Temple. Its in cast concrete & metal, about 2 feet tall. Best feature is it really sounds great! Not just a cheapo decoration gong like they'd have at Cost Plus or Pier 1, but a real gong with a loud, clear tone!

They also have some plants they don't normally carry: pineapple plants with baby pineapple already showing (takes 2-3 yrs to get this far if you grew one on your own); anthurium growing out of lava rocks; pikake flower (makes awesome leis).

Its worth checking out if you have an Armstrong Garden Center nearby!

visit Traderpup.com

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-07-01 12:45 pm   Permalink

oooh! how much was the birdbath? its awesome!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-02 10:02 am   Permalink

oh, forgot to mention the price.... the gong and birdbath are $149 each...

visit Traderpup.com

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
junglepam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-07-03 11:59 pm   Permalink

Is that birdbath cool or what???

- Pamita

View Profile of junglepam Send a personal message to junglepam  Email junglepam Goto the website of junglepam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-04 09:53 am   Permalink

Man,
That bird bath is tres cool (that's one more than too cool!)

I guess this Armstrong place is a West Coast thing. As being on the East Coast I've never heard of them. I don't believe we have anything like that. We have Frank's over here, and the coolest thing they have is probably Garden Gnomes!
And quite frankly between you and me, they scare the livin' hell out of me! I think they are pure evil!!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-07-07 7:57 pm   Permalink

that looks like the best side table a girl could have....too bad i am east coast too, looks too heavy to ship!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-07-07 9:42 pm   Permalink

its a southern california thing ~ i did see another moai type concrete statue on ebay, nifty, but once again, shipping would be an issue:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2037611494

we need an underground railroad system Free the Tikis!

[ This Message was edited by: dogbytes on 2002-07-07 21:46 ]

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation