FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Cocktail app other than Tiki+ ???
Cocktail app other than Tiki+ ???
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-29 10:45 am   Permalink

Like many of us I have the Tiki+ app, but I'd like to get suggestions for a classic cocktail app, to fill in the gaps, so to speak. Unfortunately the flipside of Tiki+ (Cocktail+), is unavailable in the States. Thanks in advance!

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-29 11:17 am   Permalink

What's the deal with Cocktails+?? I bought the the app several years ago when I first got Tiki+ and it is great. Hundreds of classic cocktails, multiple versions from different eras and different authors and bartenders, etc. The app had gone wonky on my phone and I deleted it intending to re-download it only to find out it is no longer available even though I have previously purchased it. I still have it on my iPad and it is still the best classic cocktails app I have used.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-29 11:49 am   Permalink

This sounds like an opportunity for someone out there to resurrect an old product, or to develop (and maintain!) another product. Even Tiki+ would benefit from an update given all the new research Jeff Berry has done since the original app was released. But maybe these apps don't earn the publishers enough revenue to keep them updated?

I still rely on a pretty large selection of cocktail books at home. Books can be relatively cumbersome and time-consuming when you're researching something - there is something to be said in favor of propping up an electronic device while you are trying to look stuff up while also working at your bar.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-29 1:25 pm   Permalink

Hell I'd just love an Android version of Tiki+.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-29 1:37 pm   Permalink

I use Mixology a bit. It is free and decent.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-30 06:47 am   Permalink

Thanks for the tip - Mixology it is, for the moment anyways.

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-30 5:38 pm   Permalink

I have a cocktail/bar inventory app that does 10x what the other apps there do. I'm looking for beta testers. It runs on Android/desktop right now with an iPhone/iPad version by the end of the year (hopefully). Contact me if you are interested.

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation