FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Secret Squirrel Tiki Carving
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Secret Squirrel Tiki Carving
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 23 days ago; 6:04 pm   Permalink

Nice work!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Secret Squirrel
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 23 days ago; 6:26 pm   Permalink

Thank you. Carving by hand is definitely a lot of work. I learned some things while carving this tiki. I'll use those things to get faster while doing future carvings.

View Profile of Secret Squirrel Send a personal message to Secret Squirrel      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 22 days ago; 07:14 am   Permalink

You have been giving yourself some interesting challenges with you first few pieces. Using hard woods has its rewards - like the beautiful grain and finishes - however it may limit you if you're doing it all by hand. I started out using hard woods as well, but one of the things that helped me develop my knife skills was switching to basswood or butternut after using hard wood. It gives you more freedom to work on form and technique, and allows you to make mistakes without feeling bad about screwing up a nice piece of wood. The soft stuff will also help develop your speed as you get more confident in your cuts. Keep 'em coming!!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation