Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki TV surround
Tiki TV surround
TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-02 08:02 am   Permalink

While our whole lounge is fully tikified, we still have the problem of a flatscreen tv which takes up a lot of room and distracts from the look of the room, I decided to have a go at using a router left to me by my grandad and make a frame for it and certainly takes your eye of the black surround it had. I also made up a pair of boxes to go over the floor standing speakers too.
I first measured and made a frame the routed out some patterns and burnt them with a torch and stained it after, Just though i would share this if anyone else has done this before

Next thing is to cover the front of the AV equipment!

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-02 08:25 am   Permalink

Nicely done!!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-02 08:53 am   Permalink

cool!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-02 09:36 am   Permalink

You island people really know how to decorate. Love it, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 09:02 am   Permalink

Thanks for the compliments, It was my first attempt but i'm fairly pleased with how it came out

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Gino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-06 05:37 am   Permalink

That turned out great! Can't wait to see more

View Profile of Trader Gino Send a personal message to Trader Gino  Goto the website of Trader Gino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holler Waller
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-07 04:44 am   Permalink

nice idea - great execution

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-07 11:40 am   Permalink

Very nice. Here and here are threads with TV enclosure ideas. You might want to add your TV to those threads too

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-08 11:08 am   Permalink

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-08 1:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks Good to see other ideas being done, Love the suitcase Ron

Murph
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-08 2:17 pm   Permalink

Here's what I play on my flatscreen in the Womb when we're not watching an old school movie or a game.
I've even had a couple drunks at several Tiki parties comment on how cool the fish tank on the wall is.

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-08 4:18 pm   Permalink

Nice work!

View Profile of tigertail Send a personal message to tigertail      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-22 3:03 pm   Permalink

OUTRAGEOUSLY HIP.

Thank you for sharing. Thoughts of doing similar...percolating.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation