FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Burn baby Burn, disco inferno! 7/19 4ish or?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Burn baby Burn, disco inferno! 7/19 4ish or?
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-13 9:49 pm   Permalink

Hey all you So.Cali Tiki Freaks! We're gonna get a pit at the end of Beach Blvd. (State Beach Side-left) this Saturday (7-19) and burn some wood and roast some weenies, etc. If any of you want to join we'll be there round 4ish. (actually, I'm going to go there early in the a.m. and put a canopy over the ring to reserve it) so if you want a "Beach Day and or night for your white tiki asses," go there earlier! It'll be a 10x10 green and white canopy and we'll affix some Bamboo to it for recognition of the site!(hey! TC colors!!!) It'll be a BYOB and a byo whateva?!(wood always helps) (It's kinda strick down there so hide your booze in milk cartons, if you catch my drift!)

So, who's gonna bring the "Tiki" to sacrifice? Make it a big one! Ooooooooooo. And the other parts of the world Freak as we sacrifice!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-13 10:38 pm   Permalink

THIS SOUNDS GREAT. Some of us will be helping Pop move to his new abode that day, but I just checked with him and he thinks we'll be done by then. Besides, you'll probably be there for a while, I'm guessing. Am I wrong in assuming that there is a parking lot at the end of Beach Blvd. near to this 'boo encampment? I hope that Mrs. B and the little 'boo scrublets will make an appearance.

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-07-13 22:57 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-13 11:02 pm   Permalink

Floratina and Others. If there is no parking in the lots (state-left or city-right), make sure to bring your skateboards! You can drop your stuff at the the loop ( honk fifty times in a row and then we'll know it's you's, and can bring your stuff over(49 times and you haul it!)) and then park up Beach Blvd. towards Atlanta. It's free up there(1 block and that's where the scateboards come in handy! or, bikes, rollerblades, scoooters,razors, wheelchairs, anything but feet! But, then again, it's a short jont on foot). If you park up that way, stop by the Hyatt on the right go to the bar and get a drink and receive a free (tiki farm) mug with it!)OK! That is all the info I have left in me. I've got to save the rest for collecting things to burn! Idea!!! I wonder what a Whitco stool would do in da fire???!!!

Where's that Poly "Secret Agent" Pop moving to anyway?

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-14 07:37 am   Permalink

Bendoggy it's a good night to get rid of all those beams I brought you if you are not going to carve them.
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-14 07:49 am   Permalink

Ben, sounds like fun. As Tina mentioned, a few Hoity Toity's are gonna be out my way helping me move all my tikis and stuff to my new pad. Since we're starting around 9am-ish, I don't think we'll have any problems making a 4pm HB Fire Party!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-14 11:23 am   Permalink

http://www.audioautographs.com/tiki/burn.asx

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-14 11:55 am   Permalink

Dang! I'll be in SD on business. VG and I were just taling Sunday about a Tiki beach party. Do they allow hooch on that beach or should one just bring "coke" in plastic bottles?

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Boob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-15 09:14 am   Permalink

Remember those "beer wraps" they used to sell? Dr.Pecker and Montain Dow? Looked just like the lable but with a twist. Hmmm. Lapu's would look good in Cactus Cooler bottles (the garnish would be kinda tricky though!). We used to drink "Milk" in "Cartons" all the time at the beach. Coke sponsors the city beach to the right. Not sure if state beach has a sponsor yet.

View Profile of Boob Send a personal message to Boob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-15 11:20 am   Permalink

hey Bamboo, what town that be?

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-07-15 12:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-15 11:20, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
hey Bamboo, what town that be?

That be H.B. The town all TC'rs love to hate. (funny, if it's so bad why do a million m-fer's come every weekend?)

The Bong tribe will be there ready to make burnt weenie sandwiches and smores. I'm gonna help Poly Pop move also, but we'll make sure to be there around 4 or 5 or 6.

Let's tell some real scary tiki ghost stories around the ol campfire.

(... and she heard this scratching on the roof of the car...)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-15 11:07 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki Bong,

The reason a million m-fers visit HB every weekend is to stare at sweet young bikini's!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-15 11:19 pm   Permalink

Hey, how do you get there from the 405 fwy (southbound)? Can someone give me some general directions?

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 12:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-15 23:19, vintagegirl wrote:
Hey, how do you get there from the 405 fwy (southbound)? Can someone give me some general directions?

Hi Vintagegirl,
I grew up in HB and Newport. you will probably get different replies, but my best\easiest route is from 405 S., take Beach Blvd West, and you will dead end right into H.B. Wish I could go, have fun!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 09:48 am   Permalink

UB is right. Beach Blvd. is the easiest and most direct, but here's more detail:

405 South, exit at "Beach Blvd./Huntington Beach".
(Not the "Beach Blvd./Westminster" exit.)

Upon exiting you will need to make a quick left at "Center Ave.", THEN you will come to Beach Blvd., which you will then need to make a RIGHT.(Your first light you pass while on Beach Blvd. will be "Edinger" and you know you are going the right way).

Keep going down Beach Blvd. (just under 6 miles) and you'll hit PCH.

Hope this helps.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 3:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys!

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation