FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Fiji Mermaid custom display case / lamp
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Fiji Mermaid custom display case / lamp
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 04:08 am   Permalink

Greetings !! Here's my latest creation, hot out of the studio. A few weeks back I purchased a Fiji Mermaid online from an artist that creates them out of resin. Once home, I needed to create a display case so i could display it safely in my tiki room as it is quite fragile. Regular store bought displays were too boring (the kind they use to display footballs and such purchased at local craft stores) so i borrowed an idea from an old concept I had awhile back to use for fishtanks in the tiki room. I simply created a "treasure chest" facade around a store bought plastic tank. I fabricated a lid that hides a small wattage green bulb to cast an eerie glow. Here are the results - I still need to add a little more "treasure" in the way of some fake gold coins and a few jewels and then it will really be complete.

enjoy !!

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2013-11-03 04:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2013-11-03 04:31 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 04:48 am   Permalink

Looks great.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Jefe
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-03 05:01 am   Permalink

Nice work. That looks really good.

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 05:15 am   Permalink

WOW !! Old photos of that nasty thing have always creeped me out. You hit the nail on the head as your creation creeps me out just as much. Love the detail on the treasure chest and the green lighting really makes it pop. Thanks for posting the results of your hard work. Just awesome !!

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 07:27 am   Permalink

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 07:42 am   Permalink

Original and well executed. I love it and would buy one.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 07:46 am   Permalink

That is so cool...and would look great in my home lounge. I may "borrow" this idea.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-03 07:55 am   Permalink

That's DISGUSTING ~ in a really cool way Great job, love the details on the chest.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 09:25 am   Permalink

That's awesome!
You could also use this photo to make a
lenticular much like the portraits in the Haunted Mansion.

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 2:35 pm   Permalink

thanks for the kind words, everyone !

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 4:58 pm   Permalink

Tipsy- that rocks
Well done

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-11-03 5:08 pm   Permalink

That looks great!

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 6:41 pm   Permalink

Marina would be on this like white on rice if you produced and sold them.

I posted a photo to her Facebook to show her.

This is really fantastic!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-07 11:29 am   Permalink

Great job David!
Keep makin and postin, have always liked your stuff.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-14 3:28 pm   Permalink

That's awesome! VERY nice job.

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation