FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » F.O.M. Announces 2013 Easter Island Donation!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
F.O.M. Announces 2013 Easter Island Donation!
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-04 05:08 am   Permalink

Iorana!

The F.O.M. is happy to announce our 2013 EIF Donation. An extra-spectacular Ohana in 2013 has allowed the F.O.M. the increase our donation this year & establish a THIRD FOM Scholarship to be given to a student from the island of Rapa Nui!

Maururu to all who have helped make this happen through enjoying the Ohana Luau at the Lake event, volunteering, & donations of your time, talents, art & collectibles to Ohana and the Silent Auction!! And thank you to all who have bid & bought at the Ohana Silent and our annual Mystery Bowl Auction, too, which have helped make this donation possible. It all truly makes a big difference!

You can read more HERE:
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/news/index.php/2013/11/04/fom-sends-2013-donation-to-eif

A Big, BIG MAHALO to you ALL!!!!!!!

& Now onto Ohana Luau at the Lake 2014 - See You At The Lake!!!!!!!!!

MORE on Ohana 2014 Here:http://luauatthelake.com/

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-08 9:58 pm   Permalink

Wonderful and generous.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-07 05:48 am   Permalink

& BUMP for the announcement of this year's Scholarship recipients - we are now up to a total of FOUR Scholarships that the Fraternal Order of Moai are now providing to students from Rapa Nui!!

You can read all about it & see the recipients here:
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/news/index.php/2014/03/05/fom-2014-scholarships-awarded-by-eif

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2014-03-07 09:10 am   Permalink

Well aren't you special?! Couldn't find any deserving American recipients, huh? Why not tone down the self-congratulations until you folks can get your nationalist priorities in order?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nokala Rocky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-07 10:03 am   Permalink

WOT?! really White Devil?

View Profile of Nokala Rocky Send a personal message to Nokala Rocky  Email Nokala Rocky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-07 10:06 am   Permalink

LOL!!!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2014-03-07 10:41 am   Permalink

Nobody outside the Order of Asshole Buddies is as impressed with your good works as you folks seem to be, and since bragging about it seems to be just as important to you as doing them, well then why not spread a little benevolence here at home. You know, with the unfortunate Americans who have to put up with your ill-mannered asses. Your merit badge society is widely regarded as the Scientologists of tiki: the perpetual drunk uncles who are culturally (and I suspect genetically) incapable of enough self-awareness to know how embarrassing you are to your families. I suppose that's why you feel like you have to beat off here once a year—because you can't get your wives to do it. If you could figure out how to bake cookies, at least you'd be as useful as Girl Scouts. Have a great day! :)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-07 1:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-07 05:48, croe67 wrote:
You can read all about it & see the recipients here:
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/news/index.php/2014/03/05/fom-2014-scholarships-awarded-by-eif

This is why I am proud to call myself Moai!

We have a party, spend time with friends and family, and turn that into sending people to school! Party with a Purpose!

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2014-03-07 13:07 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-03-07 1:13 pm   Permalink

Wow, you weren't kidding with your name.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-07 1:37 pm   Permalink

Not a bad bit of trolling there….. I give it a B+.

I would list the charitable stuff the F.O.M. does in the U.S. of A. but I am guessing he won't be back to read this thread again.

-Rev

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-09 10:03 am   Permalink

Thats the biggest stick up the butt I've seen in a loOOooog time. what did you guys do run over his dog or something?

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-03-09 10:15 am   Permalink

Just...wow. Looks like he may have been banned for it? Is his message staying up as a warning to others?

I heard there was some "turf war" between FOM and TC, but I had no idea of the level of animosity.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-09 12:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-09 10:15, TikiTacky wrote:
I heard there was some "turf war" between FOM and TC, but I had no idea of the level of animosity.

Like five years ago maybe. Some folks just can't let go.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-09 12:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-09 10:03, Sophista-tiki wrote:
what did you guys do run over his dog or something?

We never figured out why he feels (felt?) the way he does.

And it is funny that you asked about his dog.... the South Florida chapter of FOM devotes all of their charitable efforts to animals. The Broward Humane Society and Gumbo Limbo Nature Preserve are the big two. So even if we did run over his dog we would have the connections to take care of his dog, or at the very least get him a new one.

'meh.... whatever.

Anyway..... join us at Ohana this year and you can have lots of fun *and* be a part of the next round of EIF scholarships!

TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-03-09 4:08 pm   Permalink

I checked out the work you guys (FOM) do. Sounds like a great way to have fun and do some good at the same time. I'm not sure what White Devil's tirade was about, but it sounded like a bit of nationalism to me. Eh, whatcha gonna do?

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation