Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Trader Vic's timeline
Trader Vic's timeline
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-11-05 10:11 am   Permalink

Has anyone ever tried putting together a timeline of the Trader Vic's locations showing when each location opened and closed? Doing some mug archaeology, it seems like it might be helpful.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-05 12:01 pm   Permalink

I think with the aid of The Book of Tiki and both editions of Tiki Road Trip and the numerous threads about Vic's on TC, a time line could be laid out. Might help folks nail down an age for some items in their collections. Critiki is a good source as well.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2013-11-05 12:02 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach

Posted: 2013-11-05 2:08 pm   Permalink

Don't forget to look on Critiki.

http://critiki.com/search/?terms=trader+vic%27s

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-06 07:24 am   Permalink

I have wanted to see Ooga-Mooga expanded to include menus and other items and be able to add any dates on them. I have many menus, etc. in my collection with a date on them in pencil when the person was there. And of course, post cards can have a date stamp and if we all added our stuff, we could get an idea of dates that way.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-06 09:51 am   Permalink

That is exactly where Humu was going with the revised version of OM. Its deployment just got sidetracked with her new family. I'm sure she'll pick it up when she can.

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-06 10:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-11-05 14:08, tikilongbeach wrote:
Don't forget to look on Critiki.

http://critiki.com/search/?terms=trader+vic%27s

I really wish their registration page was fixed, because every time I get code on the page/an error.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-11-06 1:44 pm   Permalink

Critiki has been broken for a while now. I sent an email months ago, but nothing was ever done. The place is somewhat of a ghost ship, sadly.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-11-06 1:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-11-06 07:24, Swanky wrote:
I have wanted to see Ooga-Mooga expanded to include menus and other items and be able to add any dates on them. I have many menus, etc. in my collection with a date on them in pencil when the person was there. And of course, post cards can have a date stamp and if we all added our stuff, we could get an idea of dates that way.

I know, this is a great idea, Swanky. I realize that Humu has a child now and is a bit preoccupied, but her apparent complete exit from the scene makes me wonder if it isn't time for someone else to take up the mantle, either with a handover of the OM reins or with a new site altogether. I appreciate all the work she's done and I don't begrudge her a bit for moving on to more important things, but it seems a shame to leave these websites hanging and, in the case of Critiki, breaking with no sign that it will ever be repaired and usable again.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation