[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food New Cockspur Rums
New Cockspur Rums
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-08 09:20 am   Permalink

Anybody try these yet? Haven't seen them here in the Midwest

http://www.drinkspirits.com/rum/review-cockspur-12-cockspur-fine-rum/

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-08 10:42 am   Permalink

[quote]
[i]On 2013-11-08 09:20, Kill Devil wrote:[/i]
Anybody try these yet? Haven't seen them here in the Midwest

http://www.drinkspirits.com/rum/review-cockspur-12-cockspur-fine-rum/

[/quote]

The Cockspur 12 is not a new product, but it is unfortunate you can't find it where you are. It is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE sipping rum, and if I was limited to a single sipper for the rest of my life this would be it. I found out a while back I was in good company as this also happens to be Stephen Rembsberg's favorite sipper.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-08 10:44 am   Permalink

I haven't seen the overproof, but I've had the other two. I wasn't really impressed. Didn't care much for the 12 at all.

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-11-08 11:09 am   Permalink

A year ago here in Oregon the Cockspur 12 was being "closed out" for $14 a bottle, so I snagged one and ended up getting several more as birthday gifts (everyone should have in-laws like mine!). It doesn't blow me away, but it's not horrible either. It's been the "house" rum at home for mixed drinks, but when it runs out I won't buy more...certainly not at $30 a pop.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-08 12:35 pm   Permalink

I should have qualified by saying favorite *affordable* sipper, i.e., for everyday sipping. I think it compares very favorably at the $30 price point, and at $15 less than Mt. Gay Extra Old I think it is the better aged Bajan of the two.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AdOrAdam
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-11-08 7:52 pm   Permalink

I don't have a lot to contribute accept I'm a fan of regular Cockspur - in a head to head vs Mount Gay, Mount Gay usually beats it but only slightly. Both are usually available at bargin prices ~ Cockspur (12ish), Mount Gay (13).

The 12 is on my 'to buy list' (I wasn't a MGXO fan) & (seeing as I like overproofs) the 130 is now too!

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation