FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI OASIS IV - Book Now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
TIKI OASIS IV - Book Now!
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-23 07:53 am   Permalink

The dog pound is going WED. THURS. FRI. SAT.check out late SUN.
I can't wait.
Keep me away from "135" I'm scared
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-23 6:34 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman
Monkeywoman (not sure if my wife will agree to that name)
Monkeygirl and Monkeyboy

Will be attending.

I plan on arriving Friday EARLY and staying through Sunday.

The only thing I ever planned this far in advance was my wedding. Good Greif!!

Monkeyman

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-10 08:49 am   Permalink

Poly Pop and company booked for Friday and Saturday. Like Monkeyman, we plan on arriving early on Friday and leaving late on Sunday. Looking forward to another great time!

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-08-10 08:50 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-10 10:54 pm   Permalink

The more I think about it, we will probably arrive on Thursday and make use of the pool before everyone else arrives. For an extra $85.00 we might as well make it a mini vacation. Bax, SCD, we can hang you. Bring the kids!

Casey,

It was great meeting you on Int'l Tiki Day.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 2:12 pm   Permalink

As an alternative to the Caliente, I also recommend the nearby Orbit In, a classic 50s Modern style motel with ten "theme" rooms, right off the downtown strip. We stayed in the "Rat Pack Suite" for my 40th birthday "roast" last April (the reason I missed Tiki Oasis this year, couldn't make the trip to PS twice in a month) and this time, for the next Oasis, we're booked in the "Leopard Room." This place is right out of a Shag painting and while it is pricier than the Caliente, it is also well worth it, so save those pennies. Ultra Lounge music plays all day and night in the courtyard and guests are served free "Orbitinis" in the poolside bar every evening. Due to the small size they fill up fast, though, so if curious, check out www.orbitin.com

Incidentally, Otto asked me and Alan Parowski of Liftoff! (Tease-o-rama) to put together the film program next year, with alternating futuristic sci-fi/primitive tiki themes. We'll post the program for both sci-fi Friday (when it's more for background ambience)and primitive Saturday (a poolside "Thrillville")when finalized. No "Hawaiian Eye" this year, needless to say.

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 5:02 pm   Permalink

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 9:03 pm   Permalink

Nice post seamist
totally on topic
SPAMBOY!!!
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 9:51 pm   Permalink

In tikiland, another hotel is an "alternative" to the Caliente only if the Caliente is booked up!

Thursday!
Thursday!
Thursday!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-29 6:20 pm   Permalink

I won the top prize in the raffle at the Conga Lounge last weekend, which was two nights at the Caliente Tropics....Whoohoo! (Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Pineapple!)

So, I called the Tropics today to see if I could use it at Tiki Oasis, and they told me that they sold out a couple of weeks ago. So, I'll have to attend another time; no biggie.

But I still want to go to Tiki Oasis...can someone recommend a good cheap motel nearby, and/or is anyone looking for a roommate?

thanks!

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-08 6:55 pm   Permalink

Mrs. Boo and I just got back from a night at Caliente Tropics. A little other biz out there and a little pleasure @ CT.

Anyway, look for a Target add and T.V. commercial featuring a dude with fuzzy hair and a chick that looks like Jennifer Garner. They were shooting Poolside and the Reef Bar might be in the background. They said it would be out around March.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-17 12:58 am   Permalink

I decided to add to this existing Tiki Oasis IV thread rather than to make a thread for itself, so here is my question:

Has anyone noticed that on the
Tiki Oasis IV schedule, that there are actual themed nights as well as a best dressed contest each night? Friday, May 7th is "Tiki Tomorrowland" and Saturday, May 8th is "Savage Nights".

I doubt that anyone wants to reveal what they will wear for the contest (if you plan on being in it), but I am interested in knowing if anyone is TRULY going to participate. Yes, some of you probably won't participate unless you know what the winners(s) get. I don't know what the prize(s) are, but who will say that they will join in? I'm not looking for the "no" or "maybe" people to speak up, just the definite "YES" people.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-03-17 09:24 am   Permalink

SCD,

I'll have to admit, you're usually the most suave dresser at the gigs!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation