FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Mission Tiki Drive In, Montclair, CA (other)
Mission Tiki Drive In, Montclair, CA (other)
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-10 12:00 pm   Permalink

Name:Mission Tiki Drive In
Type:other
Street: 10798 Ramona Ave, Montclair, CA 91763
City:Montclair
State:CA
Zip:91763
Phone:(909) 628-0511

Description:
"Mission Tiki Drive-In was originally the Mission Drive-In, which opened in 1956. De Anza took it over and started work on turning it into a tiki drive-in in 2005. The tikification was performed by carver and artist Tiki Diablo, and includes plenty of tikis and Polynesian-themed decor. Ticket booths have A-frame tops with thatch, and the refreshments area has plenty of large tikis and tiki masks, and bamboo-lined walls. Mission Tiki's logo tiki is holding a box of popcorn. In addition to the regular schedule of drive-in movies, Mission Tiki hosts special events similar to those that have proved popular at the the De Anza-owned (but non-tiki) Starlight Drive-In in Atlanta."

20022010 Michelle "Humuhumu" Trott

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2013-11-10 12:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2013-11-10 12:28 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-10 2:26 pm   Permalink

I want to go to there, Danny, nice job!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-10 5:42 pm   Permalink

Awesome work Danny, first chance I get I will make it to their swap meet and check it all out.

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-10 9:57 pm   Permalink

I remember my first beer, er Mai Tai.
Don't you guys remember the Tiki invasion events that happened
There a few years ago? Ok maybe 5.
Or was that before you were on TC?

Here is the link to the 2nd event there:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=27213&forum=17&hilite=Tiki%20invasion

Jeff btd

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2013-11-10 22:02 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-11 4:18 pm   Permalink

This is really cool!

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-13 8:55 pm   Permalink

I remember the last Tiki Invasion... I think The Ghastly Ones played... and Tiki Shark still lived in LA!

But I don't remember the Drive-In looking so cool!

Now we really gotta get back there!

Any chances of another Tiki Invasion? Now THAT would be fun!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-13 10:47 pm   Permalink

Good memory Eric, I have been there many times prior to and after the last Tiki Invasion. Although it has been looking cool since they started refurbishing after it was allowed to get run down, it has never looked as good as it does now that Danny has added his talent to the place. I will be going to the swap meet there very soon and I don't care if I find anything to re-purpose for my tiki bar or not. Hopefully Danny will be at his shop and I can pay him a visit.

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation