FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars vintage home tiki bars - how they rolled back in the day.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
vintage home tiki bars - how they rolled back in the day.
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-14 2:55 pm   Permalink

keeping with the theme but sort of left field, got this this weekend, it was in a Navy bar in the pacific during WWII is 20+ feet long by 3 feet wide and painted on what feels like a roll of wall paper......hope to have it up in my tiki hut soon!!

this is center mass....

this is in the far right corner, much like old nautical maps with a Cherub blowing the trade winds.....

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-19 1:26 pm   Permalink

Just came across this place in Illinois. Looks like a basement bar.

That was built or at least last decorated in the late '60s...

Dig the fake jungle!

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2017-05-19 13:44 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-19 1:36 pm   Permalink

Let's not get ahead of ourselves -this was on my radar and I planned on posting pics and info here tomorrow for this place

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-19 9:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-05-19 13:36, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves -this was on my radar and I planned on posting pics and info here tomorrow for this place

Looking forward to seeing this!

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-20 09:25 am   Permalink

greetings once again !!! this weekend there was an estate sale in lincolnwood illinois - It too featured a vintage tiki basement theme. I managed to get some pics as well as lift a few off their listing page. Lincolnwood has always been a hot bed of tiki back in the day. the famous hoe king lo was just blocks from this location - they used to serve monogramed drinks out of bumatay mugs there. The basement was big but only one of the rooms was tiki - the bigger room held a pool table and some basic rumpus room stuff. two interesting things about this place - the corner had a huge working fountain hand made by the owners with lights and all. The bar itself was built over a player piano that sat nested under and behind the bar with the bar top built over it. So on with the tour !!!

when you hit the bottom of the stairs you turn left through these beads into the room-

at the bottom of the stairs is a cool display of plastic fish and a window well turned into a fake aquarium

walking in the room you face the bar - seating area to your left.

some highlights of the room plus the corner fountain area

this cool pair of old asian statuary was located in the yard.

i had to include this - giant hand painted mural (not wall paper) in the living room - like you are looking over a balcony down to the city of venice or something.

thats all for now - see you at the next sale, hopefully with another vintage tiki bar in it.

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2017-05-20 09:28 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2017-05-20 11:43 am   Permalink

Great stuff!

Quote:

On 2017-05-20 09:25, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

i had to include this - giant hand painted mural (not wall paper) in the living room - like you are looking over a balcony down to the city of venice or something.

Without seeing close up details, from here I'm guessing Victoria Harbor in Hong Kong?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-22 10:58 am   Permalink

I weep at all this greatness disappearing! How MANY of these were there, in the Chicago area alone? We will never know...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-22 11:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-05-22 10:58, bigbrotiki wrote:
I weep at all this greatness disappearing! How MANY of these were there, in the Chicago area alone? We will never know...

There's going to be so much more - i drive through these neighborhoods and think "which one of you has the witco trove, waiting to be discovered ?" I know it's there - the odds are good . But where ? And when ?

Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-22 12:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tipsy..I F'in love this stuff. I KNOW you will find more. A good amount of original owners homes are appearing up here...more traditional Rec/Rumpus rooms...cool nevertheless.

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation