FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Your favorite photos
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Your favorite photos
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-20 1:11 pm   Permalink

It is condos now, at least partially. I actually saw an episode of one of those house hunting TV shows recently where the buyer looked at a condo there (but actually bought in North Park.)

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-21 12:12 am   Permalink

The historic El Cortez, designed by Walker & Eisen Architects, has become a treasured landmark in Downtown San Diego since its completion in 1927. Built on the site of Ulysses S. Grant, Jr.’s former home, El Cortez originally opened with 85 apartment suites and 32 hotel rooms. After enduring the Great Depression, failed business ventures, and neglect, El Cortez was resurrected on July 25, 1990 when the City of San Diego’s Historic Site Board designated it as “historic.”

The J. Peter Block Companies worked to restore the historical elements in order to bring the El Cortez to modern standards. The amenities now include two sun terraces, a refitted 1950′s pool, indoor spa, and a gym. A terrace and the Don Room are available for private functions.

One-bedrooms range from approximately 664 to 820 square feet, and the two-bedrooms range from 880 to 1523 square feet. Most residences have high ceilings and characteristics reminiscent of Spanish Renaissance Revival Architecture.

Completed: 1927
Building High Rise: 16 floors with 85 units.
Floor Plans: One, two, three and four bedroom condos from 780 sq ft to 2,450 sq ft
HOA Dues: From $600+ per month

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-21 12:20 am   Permalink

This is one of my favorite pictures as it shows my Tiki that used to live at the now defunct Trader Vics in San Francisco.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-23 10:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-01-21 00:20, VampiressRN wrote:
This is one of my favorite pictures as it shows my Tiki that used to live at the now defunct Trader Vics in San Francisco.

How big izzat cool dude Vamp?
Btw, nice pix!

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-01-23 23:33 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-25 01:09 am   Permalink

Rear entrance to “Minnie’s, Modesto California. Definitely worth a visit.

Front entrance Pix taken January, 2014

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-13 11:25 pm   Permalink

The“Hali Kalani,” Apt’s, Whittier Ca

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-14 07:42 am   Permalink

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-14 11:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-14 07:42, hiltiki wrote:

Nice line-up Hilda! Not your usual suspects. Interesting pic-keep em coming
Cheers

tikitanker2

Posted: 2014-02-25 4:49 pm   Permalink

Sure sign of Spring- Puffers coming out of TikiVato’s and Rosemary’s garden. Note; “tikitanker “aka Nui 'Umi 'Umi

[ This Message was edited by: tikitanker2 2014-02-25 16:52 ]

View Profile of tikitanker2 Send a personal message to tikitanker2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitanker2

Posted: 2014-02-25 4:53 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikitanker2 2014-02-26 01:02 ]

View Profile of tikitanker2 Send a personal message to tikitanker2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-26 12:04 am   Permalink

This is what happens when your kids don't find all the easter eggs. You've been warned!

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-28 1:21 pm   Permalink

Here at last! Heavy Rain in L A. Mahalo Lono!
Had to tarp my outdoor bar. Thatch was so dry water would flow right through.
Cheers

8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-28 1:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-01-01 13:51, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
As you drive towards the Bali Hai on Shelter Island Dr. you’re flanked at times by “barricades” that my wife says reminds her of tiki’s.
Well, one was a casualty of the new year. When I first saw him he was lying on the walk surronded by debris. The pictures show him cleaned up a bit

Glad you are getting rain. Did your little friend there in the 2nd photo follow you home???

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-28 2:58 pm   Permalink

Good eye 8ft! He lives close by but he’s in bad health. Almost cracked in half and termite ridden. I got him from the street maint .guys as he was about to get a ride to the “trash heap”. My initial plan was to use him as a template/model for a new one but finding wood of that dimension is near impossible. My bro in law said he would glue some lumber together for me but he is not in good health either so we’ll see.
Cheers

8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-28 5:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks, I guess it's the urban archaeologist in me. As far as finding wood to make one. Brother, that's easy. Get an old used railroad tie and cut it to the desired length. The rest is just sawing and drilling. But be careful because some ties have metal supports in them. Be brave and try it!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation