FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Forbidden Maya Tai, San Diego
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
The Forbidden Maya Tai, San Diego
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-24 6:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-23 15:37, TikiAno wrote:

More framed art- including more beautiful Art Swap stuff, Eric October, and some more from Arriano!

Ha ha! I'm scrolling down the thread and suddenly I think, wow I had framed art just like that. Then I realize, it's the same ones! Glad they're put back into good use.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-29 06:00 am   Permalink

Arriano, they have found a good home, thanks so much for them! Hope your move went well?

Muchos mahalos, Dale, tamminjoe, & Vampiress!

tamminjoe, have fun with the dartboard idea. I doubt Doug has any more. Jason is working on one for me- he's great and I brought the mask to him earlier in the year when I picked up the other tiki. Should be all fixed up by Oasis. Still wonder where that horn ran away to....

Vampiress, Dreyfus comes in but has a general distrust for the garage (where the bar is located). He has found the shag rug to be the best place (coziest) place in there for him. I still plan on making a "real" menu, using either burned leather or another material to hold it, but for now I print out special menus with drinks that I enjoy making. Makes it more fun for guests and for whoever's making the drinks (me)

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-29 8:09 pm   Permalink

Good idea about the menu...prompts me to do a little something with mine. The lighting is fun. Shout out to Dreyfus.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-29 10:37 pm   Permalink

Vampiress, I think it's a fun addition to any bar. I have the menu file on my computer, I can just edit the drink options before anyone comes over. If I ever (ever) settle on a more permanent menu I'd love to properly "age" the paper. I found this online and may try it at some point:

http://adventuresonarocketship.wordpress.com/2013/01/31/aging-paper-with-soy-sauce/

Still have a bit more lighting work to do- it's at a comfortable level but wouldn't mind some more contrast-y lighting- as well as some uplighting on the belly bars I built (so people can check out the routing work on them). Always something else to do!

Look forward to seeing some of your menu work!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation