FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events **kon tiki tucson 50th anniversary event - april 4-6, 2014
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
**kon tiki tucson 50th anniversary event - april 4-6, 2014
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-10 11:03 am   Permalink

I hear the Germans make some pretty big "mugs"!!!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-12 4:32 pm   Permalink

I messed up. It doesn't hold 36oz. It holds 40oz. It's a Doug Horne mug, so unsurprisingly it's a little on the large size.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-14 10:59 am   Permalink

We unearthed this vintage photo of Kon Tiki. I went Old-School and made it into a postcard that requires an actual stamp. It must have been taken very close to opening time, as the buildings to the East don't exist yet and the landscaping looks very young. It's the only old image we've come across, ever. The Fish Floats above the door aren't around any more, but not much else has changed in 50 years, other than the trees grew, and it's now in color.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-19 3:45 pm   Permalink

WooHooo! As of today there are 25 rooms booked at The Viscount Hotel for The Kon Tiki 50th Anniversary Celebration. There are still rooms available......Make sure you make your reservations ASAP so you can get in on this Special Rate.

quote]

On 2014-01-27 10:24, WooHooWahine wrote:
Here's the Hotel Information: Starting tomorrow, Tues., Jan. 28, Reservations can be made at The Viscount Suites Hotel in Tucson. They are giving us a Discount Rate of $90 a night plus tax. This includes a daily Buffet Breakfast. You Need to Call the Hotel Directly to Make Your Reservations 520-745-6500 and mention the Code: Kon Tiki Group.

[/quote]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
John Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-20 5:07 pm   Permalink

See you there!

Huzzah!

John and Elena

View Profile of John Slinger Send a personal message to John Slinger  Email John Slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-24 10:13 am   Permalink

Come get some stuff!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153942062435626&set=a.10152215523230626.925212.497251200625&type=1&theater

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-25 08:59 am   Permalink

Aloha Kon Tiki 5-0 Tiki Freaks!!!

I'll have a handful of hand made Bamboo Ben stuff on a table at the Kon Tiki big 5-0 bash April 5th!

Here are a few Kon Tiki old menu Tiki Mug shelves!

More sOOn!

p.s. I still have some left over parts from when I re-vamped the place a few moons ago.
Working those parts into Bamboo Ben Kon Tiki 5-0 stuff sOOn! Keep an Eye out!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-25 7:16 pm   Permalink

My crate of Kon Tiki Tucson left overs from re-vamping it many moons ago. Scraps of Fijian Tapa and Palm Fronds from the old lamps from 1964! I'll be using this stuff for some very special mug shelves avail on 4/5 for their 50th Bash!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-26 09:42 am   Permalink

A - Frame Tiki Mug/Booze shelf made from some left over parts from the Kon Tiki Tucson. Will be available at Kon Tiki Tucsons 50th anniversary Bash April 5th!
https://www.facebook.com/events/585027298244265/

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-26 8:11 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone! I'm stoked to be vending alongside these other great vendors for the Kon-Tiki's big 5-0 celebration! I'd also like to introduce myself, because a lot of you may not know me.
Aloha! I'm Michael Sbicca. I make handmade ceramics and sell my wares under Jungle Modern Ceramics.

Here's a sample of my recent work on TC.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=41511&forum=18&start=135&149

You can follow my working on pieces for the show on Instagram at Jungle Modern Ceramics.

Here's some finished pieces and ones that I'll be finishing up just in time.

Big Easter Island Moai...17-19" inches tall

Marquesan lamp

Papua New Guinea Lamp

Ku lamp

Lidded coconut jars and mugs

Lidded sets of mid-century modern jars

Lidded tapa jar and Nuka Hiva Booze Barrels.

Marquesan inspired lamp base. In progress.

Easter Island Moai Scorpion bowl. In progress.

I've got some other great pieces that I'll keep posting up until the celebration.

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-31 1:13 pm   Permalink

Here's a couple Bob's from The Tonga Hut's, Tiki Bob Show, that I'll have.

PNG decanter.

A couple of Maori inspired tiles that measure 8x12" inches.

I'll also have some more Moai to add to the bunch. I've got a 10" and an 18" tall Moai with woodgrain carving coming out of the kiln tomorrow, along with a Moai scorpion bowl. I'll be sure to post those before the show.

Thanks again for looking and I look forward to seeing you all there!

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-01 10:47 am   Permalink

As of Today 34 Rooms of Tiki Peeps Booked.....WooHooo!!

Quote:

On 2014-03-19 15:45, WooHooWahine wrote:
WooHooo! As of today there are 25 rooms booked at The Viscount Hotel for The Kon Tiki 50th Anniversary Celebration. There are still rooms available......Make sure you make your reservations ASAP so you can get in on this Special Rate.

quote]

On 2014-01-27 10:24, WooHooWahine wrote:
Here's the Hotel Information: Starting tomorrow, Tues., Jan. 28, Reservations can be made at The Viscount Suites Hotel in Tucson. They are giving us a Discount Rate of $90 a night plus tax. This includes a daily Buffet Breakfast. You Need to Call the Hotel Directly to Make Your Reservations 520-745-6500 and mention the Code: Kon Tiki Group.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-02 10:59 am   Permalink

TikiRootsRocka that's a whole lot of wonderful creative work. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bettiemercury

Posted: 2014-04-03 05:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-26 20:11, TikiRootsRocka wrote:
Aloha everyone! I'm stoked to be vending alongside these other great vendors for the Kon-Tiki's big 5-0 celebration! I'd also like to introduce myself, because a lot of you may not know me.
Aloha! I'm Michael Sbicca. I make handmade ceramics and sell my wares under Jungle Modern Ceramics.

I can't wait to see your stuff in person, the photos are beautiful! Thanks for posting! Adding you on Instagram now.

View Profile of bettiemercury Send a personal message to bettiemercury      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-04-07 12:47 pm   Permalink

Photos?

Report?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation