[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Collecting Tiki ╗ ╗ Displaying Mugs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Displaying Mugs
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-09 7:37 pm   Permalink

This summer I found some nice, narrow shelves at IKEA that have worked great for my Tiki Mugs - they are quite narrow - only about a total of 3" deep - you can tell from the pictures below how narrow they are & some of the wider mugs hang over the edge a bit. The shelves come unstained & I think they were $2.99 or 3.99 a piece. We have a teak bar, so I stained them to be a bit darker.

Good Luck!!!

Took me quite a while to find shelves that were just what I wanted!

[ This Message was edited by: croe67 on 2003-08-09 19:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: croe67 on 2003-08-09 19:45 ]

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 10:33 am   Permalink

Those IKEA shelves are great. I put some across a wall for displaying mugs. The shelves are nice and discreet but it would be nice if they were about 1/2 inch deeper.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 1:49 pm   Permalink

I too was eyeing those IKEA shelves. When I saw them on display in Costa Mesa they had a bunch of finishes- I wasnt aware that you had to stain them yourself... or do they also offer an unstained version for color-matching?

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 5:44 pm   Permalink

At the IKEA I was at (Chicago), they only had unstained ones - but you lucky West coast-types may have more options at your IKEA

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 5:55 pm   Permalink

I can't find them on the website. We don't have an IKEA in Atlanta, are they in the catalog?

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 9:31 pm   Permalink

I just checked & didn't see them in the catalog, unfortunately - I only saw them "live" in the store. & I don't have any still in the packaging to tell you the name or with a code # - anyone else have any with the info. still on them? Or a recipt that lists the name of each item? I'm sure if you can get the item name or number that they would probably ship them your way.
Best of luck!!

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-11 11:36 pm   Permalink

Hey Croe, I like the "Celia Cruz" wig on the Monster Marq. !AZUCAR!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-12 10:30 am   Permalink

CREO,
Nice shelves. Unfortunately, I live in EarthQuake country.
So... if the tiki huts a rockin.... scramble like hell to save your tiki mugs!

Cheers

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-12 6:07 pm   Permalink

Yes, I think Monster Marq now prefers to be called Monster Marq-ette when here in our Tiki bar....

& the lack of Earthquakes here in the land of Cows & Cheese makes my mugs safe on even these narrow shelves - hah! - us Midwest tikiphiles finally have an advantage over you West-coast types who have the real advantage of living in the land of Tiki everyday

CornTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-08-12 7:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-12 18:07, croe67 wrote:
....the lack of Earthquakes here in the land of Cows & Cheese makes my mugs safe on even these narrow shelves - hah! - us Midwest tikiphiles finally have an advantage over you West-coast types who have the real advantage of living in the land of Tiki everyday

at least until the New Madrid fault hiccups again

View Profile of CornTiki Send a personal message to CornTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-13 07:21 am   Permalink

Any other advice on how to display mugs? I am going to make a shelf and I'm looking for ideas and recommendations. Any other thread on how to make your own Tiki mug shelf? This is a useful thread and deserves to be revived after 7 years of slumber. Aloha.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 1:41 pm   Permalink

Well Zeta, maybe my thread can be of some help?
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=33792&forum=18&start=0

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation