[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Lucky Star Tiki Bar
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Lucky Star Tiki Bar
Lucky Star Tiki Bar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-27 3:58 pm   Permalink

I would like to first say hello . We are new to Tiki Central. Thanks for having us.

And now I would like to introduce my home Tiki bar. The Lucky Star Tiki Bar. (Follow us on twitter @lstartikibar)

I built this bar over the summer and it is not quit done but we got it to a point where we could use it on most nights. The back bar and behind the bar will be built in the spring. Anyway here is a little history.

My family has always been into or even in aviation. We are all pilots of one kind or another. My grandfather designed aircraft for Lockheed. We have always loved the old WWII war birds of the South Pacific. See where the tiki influences might come from? After we decided to build a tiki bar in our new home it was clear it was to be a WWII South Pacific Pilots Tiki bar. So we started building. Now my grandfather worked on the wing design for an airplane called the PV-1 Ventura or Vega Ventura. In Latin this is roughly translated to Lucky Star. Bam! we had a bar name. The Lucky Star Tiki Bar. It is an outdoor bar that is 3/4 covered and weather proof. It will be a full wet bar with 6 beer taps on the back wall with keg storage and cooling on the inside of the house. Again still in progress but I thought I would share my tiki madness with you all. Enjoy.

Will

the walls go up

three weeks later. Also note in the this photo the 500lbs bomb that is now a fire feature.

The artwork. This is a 3D model my uncle did of a Vega Ventura PV-1 with costume logo

this was taken last night. The photo wall will have photos of our friends and loved ones that have flown west.

I will post more as we take them.

Thanks for looking

Will

[ This Message was edited by: Bora Boris 2013-11-28 13:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Lucky Star Tiki Bar 2013-12-01 18:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Lucky Star Tiki Bar 2013-12-01 18:32 ]

View Profile of Lucky Star Tiki Bar Send a personal message to Lucky Star Tiki Bar  Email Lucky Star Tiki Bar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lucky Star Tiki Bar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-27 4:46 pm   Permalink

And some more photos

The Trader Vic Tiki

It may be in the low 50's but we tiki on.

The other tiki

and the fire feature

[ This Message was edited by: Lucky Star Tiki Bar 2013-12-01 18:35 ]

View Profile of Lucky Star Tiki Bar Send a personal message to Lucky Star Tiki Bar  Email Lucky Star Tiki Bar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-27 7:36 pm   Permalink

I like the Port Holes with the blue lights. Nice touch!

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-28 11:36 am   Permalink

Looking good so far...like the aviation angle too. CHEERS

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-28 3:41 pm   Permalink

I just flew in on that PBY and I like what I'm seeing. It amuses me that having a 500lb bomb suspended over your tiki bar is not considered anything unusual - only in our wonderful world of tikiness.

Love your work.

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-29 1:15 pm   Permalink

Ditto MaukaHale and Vampiress. I love the blue lit portholes. And yes, the bomb is the bomb. Looks great, look forward to seeing more photos!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-29 5:46 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC Will! Where are you located? You have found the right place. Everyone here shares your passion for tiki.

I am very jealous of your big beautiful tikis. I'm guessing you're on the West Coast. I'm from NJ and I'd have to drive a LONG way from home for that kind of tiki goodness.

Keep posting pics as your bar progresses.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-29 7:14 pm   Permalink

Love it! Some nice tikis and the south pacific pilots theme is really cool. I'm looking forward to more pictures as you add more later.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lucky Star Tiki Bar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-29 8:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks everybody for the great comments. You guys are very encouraging. We are having the best time ever getting in touch with our inner tiki's. It's been so much fun mixing our passion for aviation and tiki goodness. Perfect match I say.

We are on the west cost about 40 miles south of San Francisco, and just across the SF Bay from the First Trader Vic's. The two tikis are from Hawaii. We found them on line. Don't have the info handy right now but I will post it if you like.

On the yellow bomb we are going to stencil "Come in and get bombed" Oh it keeps going. I will keep adding pictures here. But also follow the bar on twitter @Lstartikibar

Thanks again totally feeling the tiki love

Will

Lucky Star Tiki Bar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-30 8:06 pm   Permalink

First scorpion in The tiki bar. Oh this tiki lifestyle is pretty freaking awesome.

Happy thanks giving a few days late. Yes we are thankfull for our tiki bar.

Enjoy the weekend everybody

Will

mudbone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-01 06:27 am   Permalink

Welcome to tiki were everything is fake-real and your only held back by your own imagination. Love that fire pit is that a real bomb?

View Profile of mudbone Send a personal message to mudbone  Email mudbone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-01 08:25 am   Permalink

Aloha lucky star
Great story/ inspiration
Good lookin so far
Keep it up
N cheers bruddah

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lucky Star Tiki Bar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-12-01 08:28 am   Permalink

Yup that is the tail section to a 500lb bomb. I rigged a fire ring and propane take to it. Quite the conversation starter. The yellow one is an old practice bomb, or something like that.

Lucky Star Tiki Bar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-12-01 6:16 pm   Permalink

Vic gets a spot light.

$20 outdoor lamp modified to look more rustic or military

Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-12-01 6:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-12-01 08:28, Lucky Star Tiki Bar wrote:
Yup that is the tail section to a 500lb bomb. I rigged a fire ring and propane take to it. Quite the conversation starter. The yellow one is an old practice bomb, or something like that.

God, there are so many leads here I don't where to start -

Went over to Will's last night and got bombed.

That party at the Lone Start Tiki Bar was a real blast....etc....etc

Love it!

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation