[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Vic's LA Clipper's Tiki Mug
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Trader Vic's LA Clipper's Tiki Mug
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-09 11:36 am   Permalink

I just wanted to make this point clear. It shows on Oooga-Mooga as mfg. by Tiki Farm. It's a knock-off...

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-09 2:49 pm   Permalink

The Ooga Mooga template has been corrected.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2013-12-09 6:55 pm   Permalink

DIRTY!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-09 7:35 pm   Permalink

Interesting that Trader Vic's is involved. Trader Vic's sued Trader Tiki because of the word "trader."
I haven't followed B-ball in 25 years and I would never gamble on The Clippers. At least not to win.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-09 8:27 pm   Permalink

Bastardo!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-09 8:43 pm   Permalink

never liked the clippers even more so now

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-09 10:33 pm   Permalink

TVLA is adapting to their potential customers. Having been there twice in the last 6 months, not a lot, but sufficient, both times the Tiki room, and to a lesser extent, the dining room, were occupied by sports fans.

In 2011, I noted that TVLA was relatively empty, but the sports bar YardHouse was overflowing with customers.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=39958&forum=1

I wish it didn't have to be the case, as I miss the OG TVLA. Now, the big screen blocks the TIki decor where the Hula dancers used to perform, the Tiki mug has "Clippers" emblazoned on it and there are autographed jerseys hanging on the walls instead of PNG shields. But, it is open, making $$$ and looks like it will stay open, unlike the TV in Beverly Hills, Scottsdale and Vegas.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-12-10 06:41 am   Permalink

Naughty -Not nice.. GUESS WHO'S NOT COMING TO TOWN FOR TVLA??

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2013-12-10 12:25 pm   Permalink

It's inevitable that they have to cater to the sports crowd. You have the Lakers, Clippers, and LA Kings playing next door at Staples Center. I'll put up with some sports items as long as it keeps the place open and in business. I do love the Yardhouse by the way. They have an excellent assortment of beers on tap. I pop in to Trader Vics whenever I see a game at Staples or a concert at Nokia. For a lot of people, this is their closest exposure to "tiki" without just driving by.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-10 7:03 pm   Permalink

Trader Vic's LA is now a Sports Bar?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Toli
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-12-10 7:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-12-10 19:03, RevBambooBen wrote:
Trader Vic's LA is now a Sports Bar?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Why not that worked so well for Chicago!

View Profile of Tiki Toli Send a personal message to Tiki Toli      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-10 8:38 pm   Permalink

Yet Trader Vic's in Portland is handily holding its own as a tiki/tropical establishment. So is it management? The surrounding area? The people? The food? Vic's in Palo Alto had superb food, and the atmosphere was pretty good, and it is now a steakhouse. Interesting how these things transpire. I'm looking forward to reading the comments of others.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-10 9:44 pm   Permalink

There are enough "Sports Bars" around, we really don't need another one, do we?
I want Tiki Bars to succeed but not if they have to make a deal with the Devil
to do so, I hate Sports Bars & the fanatics that populate them, which goes against
everything that makes a Tiki Bar, what it is.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2013-12-10 11:40 pm   Permalink

Until they change the war clubs on the doors to golf clubs, I think there is nothing to worry about. Rent ain't cheap there at LA Live, which is why I always stop by and support with my business because there have been way too many Trader Vic's that have closed down. It is what it is, I suppose.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-11 05:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-12-10 21:44, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
...I hate Sports Bars & the fanatics that populate them, which goes against
everything that makes a Tiki Bar, what it is.

Yes, more tiki bars are needed, and to be very clear, ones which have a whole different vibe than sports bars. Although even my favorite local craft cocktail bars get very busy at night with video displays, loud talking, and loud music. I often find that holding conversations in these places is very difficult except during off-hours. In my mind I value the ability to visit establishments with environments which don't cause stress, where I can relax with friends, while sharing quality cocktails. That's very hard to do in a sports bar. It's also one of the reasons I've invested in building out a home bar. When businesses cannot provide what I like, I am happy that I can approximate it in my home.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation