FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Collecting Tiki Ľ Ľ Tiki Hotel Key Fob ?
Tiki Hotel Key Fob ?
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-15 08:36 am   Permalink

This is a gift from my wife's mom. Has me a bit stumped. It is signed and appears to be made of pottery or heavy resin. From the Travel Lodge in Tahiti. The only thing I can think it was for is a big key fob for a room key for the motel. If this is what it is it would be hard to lose a key on this thing. Any thoughts or does anyone else have Tiki inspired vintage motel key fobs?

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilease

Posted: 2013-12-15 08:48 am   Permalink

That's exactly what it is...a key fob...My neighbor across the street has a wall of vintage hotel/motel key fobs she inherited and she has this one ... Very cool!

View Profile of tikilease Send a personal message to tikilease      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-15 08:57 am   Permalink

Awesome. Would your neighbor have any idea of the age of the fob?

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilease

Posted: 2013-12-15 09:31 am   Permalink

I'll inquire...

View Profile of tikilease Send a personal message to tikilease      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-15 10:57 am   Permalink

Thatís one of the coolest finds Iíve seen !
Congrats

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-15 2:39 pm   Permalink

Very cool, Trav!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kane Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-12-21 3:08 pm   Permalink

I have one of these too and always assumed it was a key fob although a rather impractically sized one! Nice to get confirmation.

View Profile of Kane Tiki Send a personal message to Kane Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation