FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » FS: Original Saloon Doors from the Tropics (PS CAL) Made by Leroy Schmaltz
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
FS: Original Saloon Doors from the Tropics (PS CAL) Made by Leroy Schmaltz
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-17 8:59 pm   Permalink

This is the first time I've seen this thread. I haven't put in an offer. Those are really beautiful.
I too remember looking through those doors into the Reef as a kid in curiosity. I walked down that hall many times to Sambo's. I bought one of the big masks from that hall years ago.

I'm a little embarrassed to show this topless photo of myself as a kid in public, But it'll give me a little Tropics street cred. July 1977, one month before the king died.

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-17 9:03 pm   Permalink

Aaaaw…cute! You know you haven't changed much!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-17 9:06 pm   Permalink

Yeah, Still have the same haircut

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-17 10:51 pm   Permalink

Well, back to my last question here, c'mon folks:

Quote:

On 2013-12-17 20:41, bigbrotiki wrote:
Has ANYBODY had any reaction to their p.m.s/ phone calls to the seller? If he DID get even close to 50 responses to his post, some of those senders must be reading this, and can share their experience here, please.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-18 5:04 pm   Permalink

Another day comes to an end, with no reaction from the seller OR anyone here on the board. What is this " I am learning NOT to share -month"!? Are all the people that wrote p.m.s to the offer just lurkers here, on the prowl to skim possessions for their collection, and otherwise couldn't give a rat's ass about Tiki?

DesertXJ760

Posted: 2013-12-18 5:27 pm   Permalink

I still have the doors and am NOT holding out for a better offer. It's the holidays and like many other folks not only am I caught up in the madness of it all BUT, I am also trying to perform all my communication tasks with my old backup droid phone which sucks.

View Profile of DesertXJ760 Send a personal message to DesertXJ760  Goto the website of DesertXJ760     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-18 6:16 pm   Permalink

So DesertXJ760 will you be taking bigbrotiki (Sven) up on his offer?
it has been a number of days now & you are aware of this thread & have read it by now.

I can assure you this would be the best place for the doors to go
& stay in the community that supports "Tiki History"
Then to go to the only open for business Tiki Bar in the same town
they came from, what more could you hope for?

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-12-18 23:15 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-18 6:19 pm   Permalink

I agree with ATP. Sven would keep these doors alive within the world of tiki.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-18 6:48 pm   Permalink

I, too am hopefully the owner will sell these doors to Sven so they can be showcased for the world to appreciate.

Please call him back. Forget about everyone else!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-18 11:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks everybody for your vote of confidence. Those who know me can attest that my posts are not meant to say "I AM THE GUY!" like I own Tiki, but merely state the fact that I am lucky to be in the position to support the art form, and by that fact I feel a certain responsibility for it. I am not into possession, I am into sharing it with people who appreciate it. The rewards for that are much greater than any mere ownership.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-18 11:43 pm   Permalink

…and thank you also for helping me to finally get contacted by Mister XJ - we will see if this will lead to something productive….

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-19 5:19 pm   Permalink

Good News: An agreement has been reached, the doors are safe, everybody will be happy, all hail Tiki! (phew!)

TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-19 5:30 pm   Permalink

Congratulations Sven. Muncho Mahalo to DesertXJ760.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiVato 2013-12-19 17:32 ]

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-19 5:47 pm   Permalink

Way to go Sven!! Nice work in preserving the Tiki past for the Tiki future. And thanks to DesertXJ760 for making the right decision.

So, those bad boys going to Paris??

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-19 5:52 pm   Permalink

Great news! Thank you DesertXJ760, these doors couldn't have found a better home!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation