FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TV's Emeryville (and also Conga Lounge) July 29 w/ Formikahini
TV's Emeryville (and also Conga Lounge) July 29 w/ Formikahini
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-15 10:12 pm   Permalink

Testing the waters in Northern California - can you guys join me at the Emeryville Trader Vic's on Tuesday, July 29th, 7:30? I leave the next day back for Texas and want to go out with a bang! (and, um, it's my birthday, too)

Now mind you, I want to hit every other great spot on the Sunday and Monday before then, too; any ideas for which ones which night, NoCal folks?

alice b

[ This Message was edited by: mig on 2003-07-27 13:26 ]

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-07-16 5:18 pm   Permalink

I'm up for it!!!--mr smiley
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 5:57 pm   Permalink

yay! Enid too?

Otto and Vander can only do from 7:30 to 8:30, but I plan to stay for a while.

Any other bay area takers for a Tuesday night?

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 6:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-16 17:57, Formikahini wrote:
Any other bay area takers for a Tuesday night?

I'll be there!

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 6:12 pm   Permalink

Dear Miss Formikahini, Happy Birthday!!! and I too will most likely be there! It'll be zazz to see you!

tikivixen aka Lisa

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-07-18 12:41 pm   Permalink

Yep, it all sounds good! I'll work on the weekend schedule too. Love, Isaac.

-mig

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 12:49 pm   Permalink

Y'all are the best! Nothin' beats California hospitality!

Keep in mind (weekend-wise, Mig) I don't get into SF until Sunday (in Santa Cruz for Saturday night).

Can't wait to see you all!
F

mrsmiley

Posted: 2003-07-21 12:59 pm   Permalink

I'm a little out of it--I was planning on going to EmervillE TV's a week early!!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-07-23 7:31 pm   Permalink

What do people think about visiting the new place (the Conga Room) in Berkeley afterward? It's not far, and we're due for showing up and breaking the place in...

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-07-24 09:05 am   Permalink

Sounds good to me. We'll be there. Conga's been broken in, but they'll love to have us. Good guys over there.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-24 10:27 am   Permalink

Conga Room sounds like a go! and Tonga room on Monday?

Can't wait to see al you NoCal folks. The Hoity Toities have set a high bar, though, let me tell you! But I know it's a state-wide thing, having met a number of y'all too already.

see you this weekend, and I do want to do some of the santa Cruz stuff mentioned on the other post.
F

[ This Message was edited by: formikahini on 2003-07-31 00:47 ]

mrsmiley

Posted: 2003-07-24 5:32 pm   Permalink

The pizza's on the Jab if we go to the Conga after Vic's----just kidding!

mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2003-07-27 1:25 pm   Permalink

Okay kids, the Conga Lounge is a go! They're excited to have us. And get this-- they're not open on Tuesdays, but they are going to open FOR US. So I'll send an email to the "NorCal Party List" to maximize the personnel. So let's plan on it! I told them we'd be there around 9 or 9:30pm; I'm not sure what time Vic's closes exactly, but I know that it's somewhat early. I told the Congas I'd call them with a more accurate time/head count.

Anybody up for Trad'r Sam's or the Bamboo Hut on Monday?

mig

Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-27 2:28 pm   Permalink

As one half of the Conga Lounge, I'd like to welcome you, in advance, to our humble establishment.
Unfortunately I won't be there. I'll be at the Kona Kai in Athens (the only tiki bar in Greece). Coincidentally, i got booked into the Marriot Ledra (where the Kai is located, without even knowing that fact !! pretty cosmic)
After that I'm off to London to see Vic's and the other bar mentioned in TRT - will report back.
Happy birthday, Formikahini - I look forward to meeting you next time 'round.
The Conga has been a labor of love for my brother Mano and myself. We've only been open two months and please keep in mind, it's a work in progress..
Have fun you guys !!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-07-29 2:22 pm   Permalink

Bump Bump!

Come on down tonight!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation