FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Beautiful Shag Rip Off on Yahoo Auctions!
Beautiful Shag Rip Off on Yahoo Auctions!
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 08:00 am   Permalink

So, I am being sarcastic! I think they put it on Yahoo so we would not trip over it and rag about it.

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/auction/76745600?aucview=0x23

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 3:15 pm   Permalink

Shag stuff...the "Beanie Babies" of the tiki world...

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMikey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-17 6:15 pm   Permalink

Those wahines of his have attended a few too many luas at Golden Corral.

View Profile of TikiMikey Send a personal message to TikiMikey  Email TikiMikey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Angry Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-18 11:06 am   Permalink

"My paintings are not Davincis, but are great Conversation Pieces and provide Interesting, Devilish Thoughts"

well, at least he's honest (to an extent). I just don't think Tiki Central conversation was what he had in mind.

[ This Message was edited by: Angry Tiki on 2003-07-18 11:48 ]

View Profile of Angry Tiki Send a personal message to Angry Tiki  Goto the website of Angry Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-18 12:16 pm   Permalink

Haven't these bidders heard of the miraculous modern invention known as the colour copier? They could get a much better piece of unauthorized Shag art that way!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CruzinTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-18 9:19 pm   Permalink

I think the dancer on the left is melting.

View Profile of CruzinTiki Send a personal message to CruzinTiki  Email CruzinTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-19 11:13 am   Permalink

That really makes me appreciate how good the real Shag is. The colors and drawings are horrible.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 6:07 pm   Permalink

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
Josh and Pete should really buy up all those copies, and make a "bad art" show out of it...(and then donate them to the "Museum of Bad Art" in Boston (..is it?)). It's so cool to have contemporary plagiarism of one's own work!
We could all go to the opening dressed in bad "retro" prints and bad nouveau Tiki accessories... bad taste of bad taste is the baddest!...or as Shag groupies, wearing EVERYTHING Shag possible.

I think 10 years from now, these could be really "in"...to those of twisted mind, like some of us, that is.
Hmmm, in 10 or 20 years, what will the Tiki revival of the Tiki revival look like?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 6:15 pm   Permalink

Brilliant idea. I contemplated a wall of bad art in my house, but then I realised I didn't want to live alone the rest of my life. Mind you, some of my pre art college pieces could have gone on that wall too. Talk about goth teen angst!

A gallery of Shag ripoffs. So funny. I'd go to the show for sure!!!!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 8:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Hmmm, in 10 or 20 years, what will the Tiki revival of the Tiki revival look like?

...Sort of like the "70's Grease/Happy Days fifties" versus the "80's Stray Cats 50's" like Dan Clowes spoke about in Eightball?

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-22 06:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

"Museum of Bad Art" in Boston (..is it?)).

Boston is right. The museum also has online "galleries"--and a gift shop!

http://www.glyphs.com/moba/

[ This Message was edited by: Erika on 2003-07-22 14:52 ]

View Profile of Erika Send a personal message to Erika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-22 12:01 pm   Permalink

Jeezeeee,
That is one cool website! I like the backroom gallery. My favorite is the the woman holding the severed horse head.

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation