FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » The Official Announcement of The Hukilau 2014
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Official Announcement of The Hukilau 2014
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-08 08:44 am   Permalink

Aloha Villagers!

Start planning your wardrobes, alert your friends, book your room and plan to attend The Hukilau in 2014, this will be our Final Aloha. Don't miss this final year of celebration with Tiki Kiliki, her team and cast of amazing entertainers & speakers as we celebrate the continued life of the greatest Polynesian Palace in the World - the Mai-Kai!

So please join us for the Big Kahuna - The Hukilau to end all Hukilaus! We are extending the event to 5 glorious days in the sun this year. Each one will bring new experiences and special performances for you! You can purchase
Tickets and book your Hotel Reservations now! We are so happy to be back at the Bahia Mar for our final year!

The Final Aloha…..it will be 13 years since The Hukilau debuted in Atlanta, GA honoring a historic Trader Vic's location. We have called the Mai-Kai and Fort Lauderdale home ever since. The Mai-Kai will always continue to be that home for the many villagers that have attended since 2003 to experience an event that has hosted thousands of Tikiphiles from all over the world. We feel honored to have accomplished what we set out to do many years ago - to bring awareness to Tiki palaces on the East Coast and to help in their preservation so that many more generations are able to enjoy the spirit of Aloha.

We have the best of Entertainment from around the globe and several newcomers. Please look for more info HERE:

Exotic Weekend Tunes By:

From Belgium - The Left Arm of Buddha
From California - The Blue Hawaiians
From California - The Smokin' Menehunes
From Florida - The Intoxicators!
From Florida - Gold Dust Lounge
From Florida - Slip & the Spinouts

Special Guests

From California: King Kukulele
Direct from the Wreck Bar at the Yankee Clipper - Medusirena, Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid

Symposiums

Jeff "Beachbum" Berry - Tiki's Dark Ages
Paul Roe - Mark of the Beast
Vintage Roadside & Medusirena - Fishtails & Cocktails
Phillip Greene - To Have and To Have Another - A Hemingway Cocktail Companion

Special Events

A Cruise with Hundreds of Tikiphiles onboard the Jungle Queen!

The Mai-Kai

The event culminates at THE Tiki MECCA - the Mai-Kai

Official Merchandise

Official Collectible Tiki Mug designed and produced by Eekum Bookum
Official Aloha Shirt designed by Mookie
Official Event T-shirt design TBA
Official Glassware designed by Tiki Kiliki
Official Keepsake Photographs by Go11

Vendors from around the globe of all things Tiki!!

We look forward to spending a memorable weekend with all of you in June! Come experience the magic, all leading up to the best place in the world - the Mai-Kai!!

Tiki Kiliki aka Christie J. White
The Hukilau - Producer, Co-Founder and Organizer

The Hukilau

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2014-01-08 08:57 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2014-01-08 09:57 am   Permalink

Excellent lineup. Congrats, Lucas Vigor!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-08 5:04 pm   Permalink

Thank you, WD, and THANK YOU HUKILAU! Though we are sad this is the last one, we are proud to be heading over to the right coast for this event!
For those of you in the florida neck of the woods who have not heard of us, we are a highly professional trio of Hawaiian musicians who have been together 10+ years and have played literally 100s of gigs in our current set up! The style of music we play is vintage Hawaiian hapa haole music! Nothing anyone else is really doing! if you loved Don Ho and Sam Kapu singing to Bobby and Cindy Brady, you are gonna LOVE us! No slack key, no Jawaiian, no rap! Only the most classic Hawaiian love songs!

A bit about each of us:

Kevin "Tiki Bong" Bullat: He is our steel guitar player, a master of the C6 tuning and a fine fellow to boot! One of the first banned members of this forum, and a real pirate! Kevin is (like myself) one of the founding members of that great rockabilly/surf band, the Hula Girls, and has done session work with a lot of artists including Big Sandy.....you are going to love the sound of his mellow and highly authentic steel guitar!

Palika "pat" Enos: Pat is our uke player and singer. Pat grew up as a Hawaiian beach boy, hanging around Waikiki in the 60's, surfing, flirting with the tourist girls...if you have seen "Blue Hawaii", he was like one of Elvis' beach friends....Pat has a golden voice, a true crooner...sort of a cross between Mel Torme and Pat Boone but with a little bit of Mr. Rorke from fantasy island thrown in(if Mr. rorke was a mob boss, that is!)..Pat has a singular style on the ukulele, honed from a lifetime of playing. A natural musician, Pat plays his Uke like a jazz guitar, with all the extended chord voicings and crafty inversions....

Lucas "the douchebag/sociopath" Vigor: That's me, and I am the bass player. I grew up playing the violin, bass, piano, vibes and drums, and listened to jazz and exotica since I was a little kid...I currently play only with this band, but I am also a member of the Orange County Symphony, where my main deal is classical music...I was also a founding member of The Hula Girls and have played in more rock bands then I care to mention.

Hukilau, I hope you are ready for us! And I hope you didn't mind my extended band bio! (I didn't really like the bio that is on our website, feeling it to be a pack of lies and all twisted up like a little sand basket.....but they say there is no such thing as bad press!)

Pablo honey, COME BACK TO FLORIDA!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-08 8:25 pm   Permalink

See Y'all in June!!!

All 4 Boo's are invading!!

Good times ahead. Yee Haw!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-08 10:10 pm   Permalink

Congratulations Lucas "the douchebag/sociopath" Vigor...I know you will class up the event. Wish I could go, will be looking forward to any swag available for purchase and stories and pics of the Tiki hi-jinx.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Toli
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-01-10 2:18 pm   Permalink

Made my reservations today!

View Profile of Tiki Toli Send a personal message to Tiki Toli      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zonker88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-01-10 4:00 pm   Permalink

i dont see the cruise tix on the web page?

View Profile of Zonker88 Send a personal message to Zonker88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-10 4:08 pm   Permalink

We are still working on the agreement with the Jungle Queen but we will let you know via Facebook and here on TC when they go live! Mahalo!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-10 4:09 pm   Permalink

Glad you guys are making it Ben!!! Really cool!!

sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-13 08:52 am   Permalink

YAY!!!!! Hotel booked, CHECK! Tickets purchased, CHECK! Airplane seats bought, CHECK!
See you all in 5 months! WOOOHOOO!!!!!

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-21 11:08 am   Permalink

Just bought tix for me and Tiki Teresa and am making plans to pack up a good chunk of my bar because thar will be parties!

Am also looking forward to seeing the official 2014 mug when it comes out.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mermaid1111
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-01-22 09:40 am   Permalink

I am looking for a wahine to share my room at Bahia. 50/50

View Profile of mermaid1111 Send a personal message to mermaid1111      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-01-22 09:46 am   Permalink

So are half the guys on here.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-22 6:13 pm   Permalink

Booked!

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-22 9:33 pm   Permalink

i booked my room and ticket. i've never been to the hukilau before. exciting.

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation