advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki newbie introduction
Tiki newbie introduction
Geronitiki

Posted: 2014-01-09 3:29 pm   Permalink

Hi all. Just joined the community and wanted to introduce myself. Hubby and I recently purchased a 1960 home in Florida and are in the process of converting the porch/utility room into a tiki area and bar. Actually, more of a combo tiki-"aviation" bar, as hubby is a retired navy fighter pilot and I NEED someplace to stash all of his "I love me" stuff! ) This project will be a slow work in progress. We found some vintage tiki bamboo/rattan furniture at an estate sale a few months ago, which will be recovered this spring some kind of a fun, tiki style print. We're trying to do this on a pretty limited budget, so are going slowly and taking our time with it, searching thrift stores and consignment shops for the right accessories, and also repurposing things we already have. I have also begun collecting vintage exotica LPs when I find them at thrift stores, etc. Having a great time with it all and are looking forward to learning from the "experts" here!

[ This Message was edited by: Geronitiki 2014-01-09 18:23 ]

View Profile of Geronitiki Send a personal message to Geronitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dtel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-09 4:29 pm   Permalink

Welcome, cool looking home and I think you had the perfect idea especially looking at the rest of the house it should fit in perfectly.

Great start, it's slow around here sometimes but tons of great ideas to be borrowed.

View Profile of dtel Send a personal message to dtel  Email dtel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-11 8:19 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-11 10:27 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC...head on over to the Home Bar forum and post before, during and after pics of your project. Lot's of good ideas in there too...and especially for budget minded folks.
CHEERS

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-12 07:26 am   Permalink

aloha!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Outrigger_Island

Posted: 2014-05-15 12:08 am   Permalink

Aloha! It's Outrigger Island here and I am more than an individual on the path to tiki heaven. I am also chief of THE Outrigger Island in Australia's new chapter of Blazing Swan. What's Blazing Swan..? It's Western Australia's adoption of the Burning Man theory and festival. We just had our first year and it was amazing! Can't wait for round two. I've always been a fan of Polynesian culture and while we don't have much of it here, except for Hula Bula and another new bar opening soon, we are slowly getting there. I'm also sketching out plans for an outside bar at my house as well. Looking forward to meeting and chatting to all you cool cats and kittens.

Brett

View Profile of Outrigger_Island Send a personal message to Outrigger_Island      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2014-05-15 07:24 am   Permalink

Copied Outrigger Island's intro to the Official Introductions thread:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=6&forum=1&start=3885&3887

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation