FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Bahooka Restaurant items for sale
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Bahooka Restaurant items for sale
Fez Moai
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-01-12 9:04 pm   Permalink

Hi everybody! I'm finally getting around to posting this here on Marketplace. I have a full-time job and get to this stuff when I can, so thanks to those who have been waiting for me.

So, I was able to buy up the remaining items that were in the Bahooka Restaurant in Rosemead, CA. The restaurant closed down in March of 2013. Youtube Bahooka videos and you'll see that this place was truly a paradise. These items will be great for your home tiki bar, or for your actual tiki bar/restaurant. Everything is over 45 years old, so you must expect some sort of rust, dust, dings, and cracks. These items are in very limited supply, so I must go with a first-come first-served type of response. I can ship most of these items, preferably in the continental US.

These Abalone Shells decorated the bar area. They are over 45 years old and have a small hole drilled in the center for the screw used to secure them to the beams. I cleaned a few up and they are beautiful and shiny! $35 ea.

These are Naval Lanterns that also hung about the bar area. The Bahooka had a lot of nautical and military items, like the anti-aircraft gun out front. These lamps were rigged up with a wire and bulb to light up whereas they originally used dry cells to power them. I have a 70 year-old coworker that remembered these from when he was in the Navy in the early 60's. $65 each. I have about six of these available.

[ This Message was edited by: Fez Moai 2014-01-12 21:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Fez Moai 2014-01-12 21:08 ]

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-01-12 9:49 pm   Permalink

Aaannndd... The Bahooka Parrot! I have about five left. Various states of being. Some may have a missing eye due to the glue being 45 plus years old. Will include a 5 watt light with them so that they may glow again!

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-01-12 9:59 pm   Permalink

These are the medium sized barrel lights that hung all over the restaurant. These were custom made for the Bahooka in the 60's and each one has a unique rope design underneath or cut-out for the light. These are VERY sturdy and include the chains needed to hang them. I also have a larger size. $125 each. I'll give a quantity discount on these and can deliver to most in SoCal.

creepykbear
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-01-14 02:29 am   Permalink

What's the price on the parrots? Thanks

View Profile of creepykbear Send a personal message to creepykbear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-01-14 12:40 pm   Permalink

Oops, I thought I put the price on. They' re $50. I'm dropping the abalone shells to $30.

[ This Message was edited by: Fez Moai 2014-01-14 13:40 ]

Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-01-16 11:46 pm   Permalink

I also have the fiberglass float lights from the Bahooka. I have three sizes:
The small ones are about 29 1/2 inches in circumference.

The medium ones are about 41 inches in circumference.

The large ones are about 52-53 inches in circumference. Yeah, they're big.

Remember that these hung in the restaurant for over 45 years and are original. Thus they may be dirty, scratched, written on or may have a small crack. But, you are getting the real deal and not something that was made in China last month. Most have nets, some have the original lights, and they are all pretty unique. Some are chunk-style, some are colored, and some are just good ol' regular textured fiberglass. I'm asking $125 for the small, $175 for the medium, and $250 for the large. These prices are subject to change if I decide to throw them onto Ebay. I still have friends and family looking over these, which is why I've been waiting to put these up. Send me a message and we'll see what I can do.

[ This Message was edited by: Fez Moai 2014-01-17 00:03 ]

Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-01-16 11:51 pm   Permalink

These are the Drambuie crate lights. Old crates of Drambuie from the 60's were custom made into lights for the Bahooka and look pretty darn cool. They each have a unique rope design or wood cutout on the bottom. These are $150 each.

Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-01-16 11:55 pm   Permalink

This is the small barrel light. It's smaller and lighter than the other two and are the most popular ones because they're easier to hang and are more portable. They all have different markings on them and were custom made for the Bahooka 45 plus years ago. These are $175.

Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-01-17 12:01 am   Permalink

These I'll be saving for myself when I open up Trader Steve's : ). The Bahooka restroom signs.

[ This Message was edited by: Fez Moai 2014-01-17 00:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Fez Moai 2014-01-17 00:08 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-17 01:21 am   Permalink

You're asking especially high prices for old damaged globe lights, many that don't work
and lack netting ( Didn't you mention you got these for free?)

Now if you fixed them up with working lights,netting etc. I wouldn't be so critical
but if your really going to ask $125 for the small dirty, possibly cracked, none working plastic globe light
without netting, I would say anyone who bought these would be a real sucker.

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-01-17 04:40 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BronzeTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-01-17 03:47 am   Permalink

Pm sent

View Profile of BronzeTiki Send a personal message to BronzeTiki  Email BronzeTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-01-17 09:21 am   Permalink

I never mentioned that I got these for free, I paid for all of these items. As far as condition, I'm pretty clear about that.

TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-17 09:55 am   Permalink

I don't think it's polite to call someone a sucker; it smacks a bit of jealousy. Something is always worth what someone else is willing to pay. If these items are truly overpriced, they won't sell, and then the price will likely come down. If they *do* sell, then it means that the price is apparently fair to *someone*.

These items aren't worth that to me, but I never went to the Bahooka.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-01-17 12:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks TikiTacky, I didn't read the full post from ATP, only the first couple of sentences before I responded. Humor me if you all will, but I will explain everything, although I really shouldn't have to.
I'm a huge fan of the Bahooka. I grew up about 12 miles east of it and became a pretty regular guy after I moved back down from Berkeley in 2002. I was heartbroken when it closed and I was there several times during its last week. I went back at least twice a month afterwards to see what was going on with the place. I would pick up In N Out and eat in the parking lot. I would wish that I was a millionaire so that I can re-open the place and then go home. Fast forward a few months and I was lucky enough to meet the new owner during one of my visits. I befriended him and asked him to let me in to check out the place. When I saw all of the stuff hanging and piled away, I made him a cash offer for everything. A nice cash offer, paid in full, upfront. This guy didn't know a tiki from a teepee, but he is a businessman and knew it was worth something. He's a lot savvier now about the whole thing. Anyway, he's been kind enough to let me come back on most Sundays to take stuff down and to take them home in my truck, Yota. It's been great because I would still take a lunch to eat there. I would say that I pretty much cleaned the place out and I still leave wishing that I was a millionaire so that I can re-open the place.
I have sold several items, all below the prices I have above. What would be the worst thing to happen to me if I didn't sell a single thing again? I would have one of the coolest tiki hangouts ever. As a tiki and Bahooka fan, there is no downside for me. I love looking at this stuff, LOVE it. I post this here so that Tiki Central folks have first crack. Then comes Craigslist, Ebay, Etsy, and everything else. I'm reasonable and flexible, but these are quality vintage items. The barrel lights? Find me something comparable. The closest thing I've seen on Ebay goes for $375. And that's for something that was just made. My brother is itching to take these to the wineries to sell. The issue of cleaning or restoring these items was covered in my Tiki Home Bars thread. It was pretty unanimous that they should be left alone. These items absorbed the atmosphere of the Bahooka, especially the barrel lights which still smell like the Bahooka. If anyone is still interested, reply here, send me smoke signals or a PM. Much love to you all!

[ This Message was edited by: Fez Moai 2014-01-17 17:04 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-17 9:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-01-17 09:55, TikiTacky wrote:
I don't think it's polite to call someone a sucker; it smacks a bit of jealousy. Something is always worth what someone else is willing to pay. If these items are truly overpriced, they won't sell, and then the price will likely come down. If they *do* sell, then it means that the price is apparently fair to *someone*.

These items aren't worth that to me, but I never went to the Bahooka.

Jealousy? there is no correlation, I can say without a doubt that I am not jealous of someone I consider
to be lacking in common sense & deserving of the moniker "sucker"
And yes one is born every minute, also everyone has a right to be a sucker if they choose.

As for assigning value to Fez Moai's items for sale, if he had Tikis, mugs & items of that sort, yes they would have value to collectors
but everything that is for sale only has "Sentimental Value" so if you need a piece of the Bahooka to remember it by
and are willing to pay the asking price, go to town, but don't kid yourself, the item has no real intrinsic value
something I believe Fez Moai is hoping to capitalize on, not that he doesn't have the right to do so
but I will be the one pointing at whom ever buys it & exclaiming "sucker"

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation