FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events MOJAVE OASIS IV April 11.12.13.2014 Tickets on Sale Now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
MOJAVE OASIS IV April 11.12.13.2014 Tickets on Sale Now!
Trailerpark Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-13 5:07 pm   Permalink

What an awesome weekend. Martini Kings, Cocksmen, Tikiyaki 5.0. Thanks to everyone that made it such a fun time.

Trailerpark Tiki

View Profile of Trailerpark Tiki Send a personal message to Trailerpark Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-04-13 7:59 pm   Permalink

Aloha people of Mojave Oasis!

Val and I once again had a great time at Mojave Oasis. There's always a certain point in the Saturday evening show post-crawl when I get to sit out on the lawn and watch an awesome performance under the stars and forget anything else that may be going on outside of that point of time. That's the moment.

I know there's a lot of work that goes into the weekend - hopefully I'm not leaving anyone out when it comes to thank yous.
* Amy and Ray for hosting the event.
* Marie for managing the bar and the crawl, even when her voice abandoned her.
* dibroc for keeping us fed.
* Rum Dog for his gonzo site decorations and the backstory that goes along with it.
* Tikiyaki 5-0 for their Saturday night performance and putting up with us inebriated super-nerds creeping the stage.
* The Martini Kings and The Cocksmen for keeping the afternoon lively and forcing me to type cocksmen on my keyboard.
* Jeff for making sure the music doesn't stop.
* The crawl hosts for their hospitality and cocktails - MaiTaiMe the art work at your stop was really awesome (I dug the cocktail *and* beer too).
* The crawlers that stopped by to sample the Brake 3, and to Val and my sister for helping to make sure everyone got a cocktail quickly.
* Kenny for making sure I stopped to appreciate the sunrise when I was wandering bleary-eyed on a Sunday morning. And for the art!
* In advance, I'll thank Tom for the photos he's going to post.
* The blanket thank you to everyone who attends and makes sure this unique tiki event remains special.

Oh and thanks to everyone who kept the pie-hole train rolling late on Saturday night (I'm looking your way, Doctor Z). I needed that!

Photos: hopefully soon.

kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaiTaiMe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-14 08:40 am   Permalink

What a fantastic weekend! We had so much fun and are so thankful how everyone made us feel so welcomed on our first trip out to Mojave Oasis. We met some really great people and loved hearing their story as to how they got into tiki. This is the kind of event that makes me feel like I found a place in this world where I belong. We had a great time hosting and crawling..everyone did such a great job on their sites and cocktails! We are already discussing next year!

Thank you again everyone. Especially Amy for opening up such a great venue and throwing a great party!

View Profile of MaiTaiMe Send a personal message to MaiTaiMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whoseyrtiki

Posted: 2014-04-14 5:05 pm   Permalink

Things got a little crazy in the Deadhead trailer!

View Profile of whoseyrtiki Send a personal message to whoseyrtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-14 10:40 pm   Permalink

Thank you Amy and Ray for hosting another fine party at your tiki playground.

Jim and Tony your bands were fantastic.

Great job Jeff Big Tiki Dude for setting the mood all day. Some said you moved your DJ spot because you have a fear and phobia of cannibals.

Thanks Marie for taking the lead in setting up the crawl.

Shout out to my wife, daughter, and her boyfriend who rallied out to the event just in time to help me out with my crawl spot.

Thank you crawl hosts for making me crawl by the end of the night and to John for remembering to set aside a meal for me since dinner conflicted with my preparation for my crawl time spot.

Kinny, I love your gift. It looks real cool.

I am still recovering. I will post some photos in a day or so.

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-14 10:48 pm   Permalink

Big time kudos to Kim and her company Deadhead Rum who made a generous contribution to the Rum Dog
U-Haul fund. Some of the items from Kapu will live on and be appreciated at future tiki events as ambassadors for Deadhead.

Deadhead: The rum of choice of cannibals and rum dogs.

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-14 11:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Amy and Ray for hosting such a far out event. Mojave Oasis was a gas!

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the TikiTraveler
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-15 12:22 pm   Permalink

MAHALO,MAHALO,MAHALO!!! To ALL(Amy,Ray,Marie etc.) that made TikiMouse and my's first Mojave' O. very special and ridiculously FUN!! We met 4 others that celebrated their first time too and told us they would b returning nxt yr.... Perhaps TikiMouse and I will mix up something tasty for the crawl...Mojave' O got our juices flowing...and we'r headed for Tiki Oasis!! ALOHA! (c u there)..."there's always rum just around the corner"

View Profile of the TikiTraveler Send a personal message to the TikiTraveler      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the TikiTraveler
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-15 12:32 pm   Permalink

...Oh...and can someone please post the results of the winners of the crawl?..(we left early) Mahalo:)

View Profile of the TikiTraveler Send a personal message to the TikiTraveler      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-15 1:44 pm   Permalink

Amy and Ray - Thanks so much for the great time!

Peoples, I think this place is hands down one of the coolest places to camp in the entire world! You have to make it to one of these Mojave events...it should be a must!

Amy and I are still reeling from the fun! The only regret that we have is that we both passed out and missed Jim's band on Saturday night. And also, that I didn't get a picture of Tom? How did that happen?

The annual "Dr. Z - Strohs Toast to Mojave's Most" went on without a hitch...many 1st timers are now seasoned Mojave "Toast" veterans.

Dr. Z

Jasper Z

Pretty ladies - 1st timers no more:

Down the Rabbit Hole (rum bunnies) -

Kinny and Amy

Tim and Family - he had the best damn beer on tap that I have ever tasted - Craft Brewing Co. - "Devils Double" I think it was...

Some other pictures I took in no real order

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-04-15 2:49 pm   Permalink

Looks like everyone had a blast! The grounds look great!

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-15 5:50 pm   Permalink

Reports of cannibalistic happenings were no laughing matter in the high desert this past weekend. A ritualistic and ceremonial skull rock formation, similar to the one found by German nudist Ulrich Kuhn, was found in the Kapu Jungle section of Mojave Oasis.

Fortunately the Mojave Oasis campers were able to make it out safely before last night's Blood Red Moon. That moon is associated with high levels of cannibalistic activities and is known within the Kapu tribe as "Blood Bath Moon". Thank God this moon phase did not occur a couple of night's earlier.

On a good note, it seems that beloved Newberry Springs resident and Boy Scout troop leader Bernard Willawbee was seen around the campgrounds enjoying the weekend's activities and entertainment.

Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-16 06:55 am   Permalink

You read about it, you heard about it, and you got tired having to put up with over a month long duration of never-ending hype and
self-promotion of Kapu Jungle & Village.

Rum Dog talked the talk, did he walk the walk?

Time to put up or shut up.

Here is the award winning Kapu Jungle & Village.

COMING SOON: KAPU AFTER DARK

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-16 09:27 am   Permalink

Awesome Rum Dog!

I was impressed last year with your set up but this one surpasses it!
Looks like a Disney attraction

You are super creative and deserve to win best campsite!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trailerpark Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-16 3:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Rumdog and Vanilla Bean, Your campsite was off the hook! You are like superman and dog. I can appreciate all your hard work because I've dragged a lot of tiki decor out there and I know how much work it involves.

View Profile of Trailerpark Tiki Send a personal message to Trailerpark Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation