FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » MOJAVE OASIS IV April 11.12.13.2014 Tickets on Sale Now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
MOJAVE OASIS IV April 11.12.13.2014 Tickets on Sale Now!
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-07 12:35 pm   Permalink

THE STORY OF KAPU

PART 2: KAPU IS ALIVE AND WELL

Most people associate cannibalism, head-hunting, and witch-doctors with strange faraway lands and with primitive peoples and cultures. Most assume that these practices have ceased to exist for at least a century as the world has progressed into essentially a modern global society. But British journalist and self-appointed adventurer Piers Gibbon showed in not one but two PBS and National Geographic Channel documentary series (The Witch Doctor Will See You Now & Dining with Cannibals) that these practices are indeed alive and thriving in the world today.

Piers Gibbons (He is the one on the left)

In his documentaries, Piers looks at mankind’s ultimate taboos: cannibalism and tabooistic witch-doctorism. He trekked into the rain forest of southern Papua New Guinea to find tribe members of the Kapu tribe who have eaten human flesh and to witness their ritual techniques. Piers and his crew did have difficulty leaving Papa New Guinea as their passports were lost, stolen, or misplaced during their time with the cannibals.

Here is Piers interviewed by the hard-hitting Stephen Colbert about the documentary on ‘The Colbert Report’:
http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/o6su04/piers-gibbon

Jay Leno reported on how Piers had a problem with the Kapu head-hunters and their ritualistic practice of shrinking heads. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CLSUEP0u0c

Coming Soon: Part 3

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-08 4:04 pm   Permalink

THE STORY OF KAPU

PART 3: CANNIBALISM IN THE UNITED STATES

The United States tries to profess a squeaky clean image of itself as the most self-righteous of all nations. Every elementary school history classroom across the country affirms this and skirts and dances around any event that might cast this nation into a negative light. Certainly this country cannot be associated with anything that can be considered taboo. Yet, the United States has an affiliation with what is considered the most heinous taboo activities associated with mankind: Cannibalism. Even fourth Grade history books give mention the tragic Donner party and its ill-fated journey across the Sierra Nevada’s. Those who have visited Colorado have heard of the legend and lore of Alfred Packer.

These events are dismissed by historians as anomalies and as a happen of circumstance for the necessity of survival. They state that these events were the direct result of harsh winters and that these eaters of human flesh were not so much cannibals as they were survivalists. But these historians and experts are wrong. These two examples are the mere tip of a hideous and shameful Cannibal iceberg that the United States government has actively concealed from public disclosure. In 2011 Dennis McLelland’s book “Liver-Eating-Johnson – The Truth Finally Revealed” was published exposing the man made famous by Robert Redford in the 1972 movie not as a historic handsome mountain man but rather as a sociopath on par to Dahmer.

Journalists and reporters over the last few years are beginning to expose the country's strong connection to cannibalistic tendencies in recent times and that the U.S. Government has actively been trying to cover up this fact for years.

Coming Soon: Part 4 - Mojave' Dirty Little Secret

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-08 4:05 pm   Permalink

An now a short commercial break from our sponsor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5YNlCxo43E

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming.

Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-08 4:12 pm   Permalink

THE STORY OF KAPU

PART 4: MOJAVE'S DIRTY LITTLE SECRET

What most don’t realize is that these groups associated with cannibalistic cultures outside the United States have begun to take a strong foothold here in this country. The U.S. government has actually gone to great lengths to hide and conceal this embarrassing fact.

Shortly before his death in 2013 Huell Howser was about to blow wide open the presence of cannibals in California. On an unaired episode of California’s Gold Howser stumbled upon the existence of cannibalistic and ritualistic tribes living and thriving in the Mojave Desert. Upon breaking the story Howser was heard to say “My Gosh! This is amazing! Will you look at that?”

Howser found out that these tribal peoples consisting of witch doctors, cannibals, & headhunters have actually been in the area for decades and originally found refuge in the Joshua Tree area of Mojave and have been spreading out and assimilating into the local communities ever since.

People living in the high desert confirmed their existence and have learned to cope with their presence. It appears that the ostrich and buffalo farms were the first casualties of the arrival of the cannibals as they were easy prey. Patrons of the Bagdad Café in Newberry Springs have long cursed the cannibals since both ostrich and buffalo burgers have been removed from the menu.

Howser was surprised that he never knew of these tribal peoples that were living in his beloved adopted state. The local residents informed him that it was well known in the region years and stories popped up in the local newspapers from time to time but that the people didn't make a big deal out of it. He planned to investigate this situation in depth but unfortunately his untimely death prevented this from materializing.

Coming Soon: PART 5 The Mojave Oasis Connection

Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-09 07:29 am   Permalink

PART 5: The Mojave Oasis Connection

Looking at some old photos from Mojave Oasis I was shocked to discover that these cannibals, witch doctors, and headhunters have already infiltrated the beloved tiki campgrounds.

Amy Boylan, owner of the property, was unavailable for comment. It is rumored that she actively solicits and encourages their presence. She was once overheard saying “Who am I to discriminate? Their money is just as good as anyone else’s and these cannibals sure do like to suck up the Primo Beer at the Clam Bar after a good long day of head hunting”.

But how did they get here in the first place?

Coming Soon: Part 6 - Unsolved Mysteries

Trailerpark Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-09 3:16 pm   Permalink

2 DAYS!!!

View Profile of Trailerpark Tiki Send a personal message to Trailerpark Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-09 5:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-09 15:16, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
2 DAYS!!!

Thanks Wade. I was getting a little lonely on this page of the thread. I think the cannibals have scared off some people. Where is Little Lost Tiki's usual crazy last minute posts?

Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-09 5:37 pm   Permalink

PART 6: Unsolved Mysteries

How did cannibals get here in the first place? That is a good question which I unfortunately only have partial information and answers. What is apparent is that Howser innocently stumbled upon a situation that he was ill prepared for. According to the website TikiLeaks.com the government has been aware of the situation for decades. In fact the government has labled the section of the Mojave Desert stretching from Joshua Tree to Ludlow in to Yermo as “Area 52” or the “Mojave Triangle”. Unfortunately the U.S. government recently shut down the TikiLeaks website when they were trying to investigate if Howser’s death due to natural causes, a govenment cover-up conspiracy, or by the Mojave cannibals.

Fortunately I had a friend I know who works at TSA at Los Angeles International Airport check into a hunch I had about a theory that the cannibals snuck into the United States using the stolen passports that were lost from Piers Gibbon’s production crew . Sure enough he was able to come across some photographic evidence in a top security clearance file from 2010 he came across. Since I was a friend of his he had no problem passing along these photos to me.

This cannibal’s passport stated he was Piers Gibbon from Great Britain. He apparently made it through the NSA checkpoints with little to no difficulty.

Unfortunately the cannibals that arrived prior to 2010 are still a mystery. Here are some articles from the Mojave Breeze and the Barstow Bugler that I was able to locate at the local library that give evidence of their presence prior to this latest wave of cannibal immigrants from 2010.

Here is one from yesterday's High Desert News.
I suspect the Mojave Cannibals got him.

Comming Tomorrow: The Conclusion

Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-09 5:47 pm   Permalink

FYI for Newbies & others:

Week One of the Coachella Valley Music Festival is taking place this weekend. Trying to make it to the Cajon Pass via the 15 freeway could be a nightmare anytime after 11am on Friday. It might be best to call in sick Friday to beat the traffic.

Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-09 7:28 pm   Permalink

No worries, Rum Dog - I'm enjoying every installment of "The Story of Kapu" and (as usual) am amazed at the effort you put into it! I'm eagerly looking forward to what you have in store for your campsite(s) this year (you briefly told me about it at ITMP and it sounds like it will top any previous incarnation!!) I do hafta say, however, that I'm just as fearful to find out what drink you will be serving as well! Keep it up, buddy! The REAL fun starts in 2 more days!!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-09 10:17 pm   Permalink

As usual I haven't done anything to get ready.
I wish I could take tomorrow off work.
See ya'll early Friday.

Jeff btd

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-09 11:07 pm   Permalink

Here ya go Rumdog!

this year i will be taking it mellow

Relaxing and escaping the world with the Ohana

As for vending this year...
I'll be bringing just a few select things...

MAYBE a hand-painted PiNGo mug

MAYBE i'll bring this shield carved by billy the Cud
and painted by yours truly
(based on a shield from a painting past)

MAYBE i'll bring some paintings

MAYBE i'll bring a few drawings

MAYBE i'll bring some woodburns

and MAYBE i'll bring a few limited edition prints of the
Land of the Mermaids mural in the Clamshell bar there...

Maybe...
or i may just bring my watercolor pad and sketchbook

feeling quite mellow
and ready to see good friends and hug All the Ohana!

CAN'T WAIT!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-10 12:11 am   Permalink

Rum Dog,

Elena and I will be crawling!

Mahalo!

View Profile of Tiki Slinger Send a personal message to Tiki Slinger  Email Tiki Slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-10 07:28 am   Permalink

Thanks John

I think there are a few more hosts looking at early on posts and Facebook.
I am estimating about 40 or so people will be crawling.

HOSTS
Rum Dog: The Kapu Cannibal Cocktail
Heylownine: Brake 3
MaiTaiMe: The Head Shrinker Bar's The Kupa Kai
Trailerpark Tiki: TLC - Trailerpark "Lab" Concoction (TBA)
Babalu: Down the Rabbit Hole
Tikirose: Off the Deep End & Ink Spots

CRAWLERS
Rum Dog & Vanilla Bean
Heylownine (Kevin & Val)
Tiki-ESP: +1
MaiTaiMe: +3
Trailerpark Tiki: +2
Little Lost Tiki: +1
Babalu & Amy
Tikirose +4
Tiki Slinger +1

Rum Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-10 07:30 am   Permalink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNHqQB0eoas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Q-VjJLJzA

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation