FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The Tikipedia
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
The Tikipedia
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-14 5:27 pm   Permalink

i see someone already owns tikipedia.com, tikipedia.org and tikipedia.net. i went ahead and bought thetikipedia.com and i already own tikiwonderhour.com (nod to combustible edison). after the thread i started here http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=46740&forum=1&35 i thought it would be great if there was a wiki for all things tiki! surely im not the first person to have thought of this but so far one does not exist. i dont have the knowledge in building a wiki for tiki but someone here might? we could either use thetikipedia.com or tikiwonderhour.com. of course thetikipedia.com makes more sense.

thoughts?

View Profile of nomeus Send a personal message to nomeus  Goto the website of nomeus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-01-14 5:42 pm   Permalink

Awesome idea! I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-14 5:44 pm   Permalink

do you know how to build a wiki site?

something else that really gave me the idea is, all the different tiki idol styles. i thought, man it would be cool if there was a database that showed you the tikis, their origins and what they mean.

View Profile of nomeus Send a personal message to nomeus  Goto the website of nomeus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-01-14 6:03 pm   Permalink

I'm sending you a PM...

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-14 6:03 pm   Permalink

tikipedia.com appears to be dead. i found this in the archives and it looks like it didnt really change much over the years. jason britton if youre reading this, send me a message!

nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-14 9:52 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: nomeus 2014-01-14 21:59 ]

nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-14 10:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-01-14 18:03, TikiTacky wrote:
I'm sending you a PM...

...and this is how magic happens

Destro100
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-15 07:21 am   Permalink

I'm excited!

View Profile of Destro100 Send a personal message to Destro100      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-15 07:27 am   Permalink

this might take a while....have to figure out how to get people to contribute and write articles. if anyone here has ever submitted content to wikipedia, please contact me.

nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-15 9:26 pm   Permalink

lets keep this thread going for all things tikipedia related

TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-01-17 10:42 am   Permalink

OK, I'm actually comfortable enough now to say this is going to be a thing.

We're actually surprisingly far along. Nomeus first posited the idea three days go (!), and we've already got a working website that is starting to fill up with articles and stubs. Of course the last 10% of a project always takes up 90% of the time, but I think we can pretty much guarantee that this thing will be going live relatively soon. And, I've got to say, I think it's going to be pretty awesome. Assuming, of course, we can get people to contribute.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2014-01-17 10:44 ]

nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-19 10:26 pm   Permalink

heres a sample of an article i just wrote

Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-01-19 10:50 pm   Permalink

That's a good start! I have writing experience, I would love to help out if I can.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-01-19 10:51 pm   Permalink

The FBI detonated the bomb?

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-19 10:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks! Tikitacky has done a tremendous amount of work in a short amount of time. Please send me a pm if you want to contribute to the site.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation