FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » 2014 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (October 3,4,5) CRAWL PICTURES
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
2014 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (October 3,4,5) CRAWL PICTURES
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-01 11:27 pm   Permalink

Things are really shaping up and I'm excited! I know when there are room crawls at events people are reminded to bring some dollars and tip the hosts. Seems like we should be doing this, no?

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-02 12:02 am   Permalink

THE HEADHUNTER'S HIDEAWAY AND JUNGLE ROOM LOUNGE presents our 1st photo contest and raffle

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.911067328912137.1073741855.681268731891999&type=3&uploaded=6#!/events/1446919752258641/

Some of the entertainment currently being planned here:
Facebook Photo Contest – 2 Tiki Awards, People’s Choice, (based on the number of “Likes” received by 12 AM Nov. 1st), The TikiMojo Award (best photo as selected by award winning professional photographer David R Bennion)
Rules: Photo can be any subject or person at The Headhunter's Hideaway, Inside, Front or Backyard. You may use any and all filters or effects to create the image you want.
Must be posted to The Headhunter's Hideaway Facebook page and/or TAG The Headhunter's Hideaway. If photo can't be seen it can't be judged.
Final decisions on both awards will be made by David Bennion.

These are the Photo Contest Prizes:

Front

Back

and the Raffle Prize:

[ This Message was edited by: Dr.TikiMojo 2014-10-02 10:09 ]

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-02 2:08 pm   Permalink

This is going to be fun. Tomorrow it starts!!! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-02 2:49 pm   Permalink

Guided Tours of The Headhunter's Hideaway at 7:00 PM, 8:00 PM & 9:00 PM

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-02 4:15 pm   Permalink

Enjoy one enjoy them all.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-10-02 5:38 pm   Permalink

I will need a tour...the one without the snakes...LOL

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-02 11:51 pm   Permalink

If you haven't been to the Tank House before here are some helpful hints.

J street is one way going East. So go down K street to 19th and turn north (right).
Then turn right again on J street. The Tank House is immediately over the train tracks on your left.

There are a few parking spots along it's side. There is street parking with meters and lot's that say $5 per day.

Inside view.

Tiki Hula has told us the food is great and it's one of his favorite restaurants.

See you at the crawl, Wendy

kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-03 08:12 am   Permalink

don't follow wendy's directions. 19th street is one way going south.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-03 11:24 am   Permalink

Actually I haven't been to the Tank House yet. I was just saying that BBQ is my favorite food

Unfortunately since I work in El Dorado Hills I probably won't be able to make it to there in time. If not see you all at Dale and Tonie's!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-03 3:45 pm   Permalink

Did I remember that incorrectly? Horrors we were just there yesterday. Then go to 18th and turn north Right and then Right again on J street. It was really hard yesterday. We spent a half an hour trying to find this restaurant because of the one way streets.

I did remember Tiki Hula's statement wrong. I think he loves Dickey's? Is that right? Wendy

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-03 3:53 pm   Permalink

Dan is all spruced up for the crawl.

I've loaded up the cruiser with the 2014 Crawl mugs. See you soon. Wendy and Dan

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-03 11:11 pm   Permalink

First day of the crawl and it was super. Tiki Tonie's and Dale put on a party to beat all parties. First it was as if we were in Hawaii. Their back yard is stunning. They had enough food to last days and had a fully stocked tiki bar with Mahalo Tiki mixing drinks. The marketplace was so much fun I'm going to let the venders set up in our living room tomorrow to do it all again.
I got a spoon and fork set from Tacky Tiki that I'll hang tomorrow.

Tomorrow, wow I am so excited to continue this one big fun party. Cheers I'm off to sleep, Wendy

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-04 08:00 am   Permalink

I've posted Day one of the crawl on facebook Sacramento Ohana page and now I'll do it all again!

This is the home of Tiki Tonie and Dale.

Part of their tiki collection.

Muskrat and wife.

Dan and Cole.

Dale and Nelson.

Tiki Tonie is a wonderful ceramicist. She made the monkey head that Tiki Hula is holding.

He lit the rum soaked sugar cube.

Slowhandtikiman and myself (Wendy). He takes old cracked up bucket mugs and uses a tile cutter to take out the sneaky tiki and to make the most wonderful vintage necklaces. $20. I love mine.

Cole, Tacky Tiki Barbara and Cole's wife Jenny.

Deb, John, Eva, Wendy and VampiressRN.

Deb, Dr. Tiki Mojo, Tiki Tonie, Wendy, John and Slowhandtikiman.

We had the most perfect start to the crawl. Thank you hosts for the great party.

To those I missed photographing please forgive me.

If you took photos please post them here and on facebook.

Another day begins, cheers, Wendy

NOTE: I've invited all those selling to set up at our home on Saturday for Marketplace part 2. Our living room is open for you to set up tables. We all love to shop!!!

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2014-10-04 08:21 ]

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-07 08:18 am   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=5580&5597

This is where I've posted day two and three of the crawl. It just couldn't have been better. Cheers, Wendy

Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-10 5:42 pm   Permalink

FYI to all who attended our Crawl on Saturday and visited THE HEADHUNTER'S HIDEAWAY AND JUNGLE ROOM LOUNGE the photo contest is still open and going. Over 36 people experienced the "Tour" and even more attended. I saw many cameras, phone cameras, etc.....all may enter. There have still only been 3 or 4 people who have posted photos of our stop and we need at least 5 before the contest is officially under way!
You don't have to be a professional or even a great photographer.....that one good shot that maybe you tweeked with instagram filters could be the winner of one of the TWO GECKO'z South Sea Arts prizes!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1446919752258641/

[ This Message was edited by: Dr.TikiMojo 2014-10-10 17:42 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation