FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 2014 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (October 3,4,5)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
2014 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (October 3,4,5)
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-13 10:14 pm   Permalink

Maybe I can help glaze 'em?

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-14 07:30 am   Permalink

Sure can Mike. You'll have to audition, oh wait you've already passed that part! This will be one of the most difficult glaze projects. I will be using wax resist to keep the brown glaze off of the white glaze. So it will be three big steps. Also I have to do a wipe on the tiki so he shows up well. There will be lots to do. But being productive is fun. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-14 11:11 am   Permalink

I'm honored. It sure is fun to be busy when it's something fun to do!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-16 6:21 pm   Permalink

Your are good at glazing too Tiki Hula.

All but 5 of the mugs have been bisque fired and washed.

Covered to keep the dust off until it is time to glaze. I need those last five mugs first.

This is such a wonderful crawl. I hope all our Sacramento Ohana and all our out of town friends attend this year.
There will be a day in Elk Grove a tiki hot spot.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-16 8:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks Wendy, for posting all the wonderful updates and pictures of the 2014 mug...it looks awesome.

I will place the preliminary plans in the intro post, so still need to work on some more stops (mostly for Sunday).

If you are planning on crawling please post here to let me know how many will be with you. For example: John & Lisa Stewart and friend Kevin Lane will be crawling on all days.
I will keep a running list in the intro post, so watch for updates there.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lloyd*AloHHHa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-16 10:42 pm   Permalink

I love my Saturday slot (& the mugs)! Hey Dan & Wendy, do you guys need a hand this weekend wit da' mugs (since I'm a "local boy" & all)?

View Profile of Lloyd*AloHHHa Send a personal message to Lloyd*AloHHHa  Email Lloyd*AloHHHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-17 12:34 am   Permalink

Lloyd*AloHHHa the crawl mugs are now in hibernation while I finish Wish List #4 and the Tiki Atari kickstarter projects.
If you just want to visit give us a call. Unless we are running errands we are mostly home working on tikis and you are always welcome. Wendy

Lloyd*AloHHHa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-17 10:45 am   Permalink

Thanks alot, Wendy! I will give you guys a call on Saturday.

View Profile of Lloyd*AloHHHa Send a personal message to Lloyd*AloHHHa  Email Lloyd*AloHHHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MahaloTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-17 1:05 pm   Permalink

You can count me and Mary in for mugs and you know we want to be stop on the crawl at our store.

View Profile of MahaloTiki Send a personal message to MahaloTiki  Email MahaloTiki Goto the website of MahaloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-19 10:33 pm   Permalink

I think it will be good to finish the crawl at your place Nelson & Mary. Just need a couple of fillers between Swanberg's and your place for Sunday now.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lloyd*AloHHHa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-23 12:16 am   Permalink

Me and my little ohana have been getting sick for the past week, sorry that I didn't get a chance to call you guys on Sat. (Dan & Wendy), but now thank God, we are all better! Will there be anything that you all will need help with or are the mugs still in hibernation?

[ This Message was edited by: Lloyd*AloHHHa 2014-04-23 00:17 ]

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-23 07:50 am   Permalink

Lloyd*AloHHHa this weekend is a tiki break with family from Oregon coming in for a visit. There will be lots of times for fun this summer. Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-23 09:12 am   Permalink

I picked the glazes to use.

First I painted a clear around the rim.

Then I poured it into the mug and coated all of the insides by rotating the mug three times.

Then I poured it out being careful to not have the clear run down the outside of the mug. I held it upside down for 3 minutes.

I checked to make sure it was all coated and there were no skips.

I then painted wax resist along the top edge. That way if I touch the brown glaze to this area it will wipe off and not ruin the rim. I let this dry overnight.

As I paint the top of the mug the glaze runs off of the wax resist.

Now with the mug dry I can put my hand inside to hold it while I paint on the flat brown glaze.

All done I let it dry overnight.

Now I rubbed the glaze off of the tiki.

This is a test. I expect the final to look different from this one. I will tweak until I get it right.

Lloyd*AloHHHa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-23 8:32 pm   Permalink

I'm lovin' this year's crawl mugs!!! I hope you all have TONS of fun chillin' with da' ohana!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-27 8:58 pm   Permalink

Thank you.

The first test mug in the kiln. Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation