FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 2014 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (October 3,4,5) CRAWL PICTURES
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
2014 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (October 3,4,5) CRAWL PICTURES
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-20 2:49 pm   Permalink

This will be our 2nd year as part of the Cap City Home Tiki Bar Crawl. Between last year's home purchase, repairs, and being out of work the decorating slowed to a crawl. Also with the current drought our dreams of a lush tropical yard have become desert grasslands. Since both nature and budget were working against me I came up with a new idea for our place. The main Atrium would become a rotating art installation. Using donated materials and whatever I happen to have on hand I have started creating THIS YEAR'S installation titled "Charlie don't Surf".....yes, inspired greatly by the film Apocalypse Now, which I have seen in the theater, owned on VHS video tape, DVD, Blue Ray, and watched again streaming Netflix....in all I've likely seen it 100 times.
We've twisted this into a Tiki variation appropriate to The Headhunter's Hideaway and Jungle Room Lounge.
There's still a lot to do in just 6 weeks but last year we moved in, unpacked, decorated, cooked and made a cocktail punch in just 8 weeks so there is still hope!
Photos will start leaking here first....soon.

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-20 8:36 pm   Permalink

Very cool. Dan's watched that movie many times too. You'll have to talk about it at the crawl. We are looking forward to your entryway. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-22 08:52 am   Permalink

Time to share again. I opened the kiln to expose load number two.

After the kiln was empty I loaded in the third and maybe last group of Sacramento Crawl mugs.

I carried these all into the house to add to the growing stacks.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-22 09:31 am   Permalink

They're looking good!

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2014-08-24 10:50 am   Permalink

Please check out the intro post...we will have a Rum donation for Eric.

[ This Message was edited by: vampiressrn 2014-08-25 12:06 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-24 5:58 pm   Permalink

Awesome work Wendy....you are a unstoppable force. I don't comment often as I have been away from TC lately. You and Dan are a tireless pair. I love the Albert's mug....all accounted for? Thank for reminding me to dig my Albert's menu out of storage. It may have to go on the fall block to help pay for mugs and my daughter's college expenses. Also, your drive makes me want to finish my 2 in stages TIKI paintings. Again...very cool production line. OGR

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lloyd*AloHHHa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-24 11:09 pm   Permalink

SO BUMMED! I already let Marlene know, but I wanted to let da' rest of da' ohana know too, that the 1st Friday night/Saturday night of October is Yom Kippur! That means I cannot go to the Friday and Saturday crawls, I still can host on Saturday night because that will be the night when the fasting required for the observance of Yom Kippur will break. I'm sorry about this ohana, but God and family are super-important to this bruddah.

View Profile of Lloyd*AloHHHa Send a personal message to Lloyd*AloHHHa  Email Lloyd*AloHHHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-25 9:04 pm   Permalink

MaukaHale we are looking forward to you showing up at the crawl.

VampiressRN checked it out and I have a replacement mug for him.

Or Got Rum? we would love to see the menu from Albert's. I have some mugs left for sale. Also you should start a thread on "other crafts" and show your tiki paintings step by step! My motto is, you sit you die a slow death. Don't want to do that.

Lloyd*AloHHHa we sure hope we see you on Sunday then.
=============================================================================

The last batch of the Sacramento Crawl mugs are out of the kiln.

Dan completed the next step which was to sand all the little spikes of glaze off the bottoms.

After he did these he finished putting all the boxes together.

I will add some slight gold highlights to each coconut by hand starting soon.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2014-08-25 21:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2014-08-25 21:10 ]

MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-26 12:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-25 21:04, danlovestikis wrote:
MaukaHale we are looking forward to you showing up at the crawl.

I'm looking forward to it. It will be fun to see you and Dan again. I see that Moai Mike and Polynesian Patty are going to be there as well. I may even bring my ukulele.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2014-08-26 8:42 pm   Permalink

Oh that would be fun...DO BRING YOUR UKELELE.

Dan & Wendy...those mugs are already well loved.

Lloyd...we sure do hope to see you on Sunday.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2014-08-26 20:43 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-27 08:49 am   Permalink

Sunday? He's hosting Saturday evening, right?

Can't wait - mahalo for all the work people are putting into this! If there's anything I can help with please let me know.

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-27 10:32 am   Permalink

Tiki Hula the schedule keeps morphing. Check out page one for the most current updates. Cheers, Wendy

Lloyd*AloHHHa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-27 10:10 pm   Permalink

I will definitely be there on Sunday (all day), I can host Saturday night because that's when we break the fast for Yom Kippur, I just can't do 5-7pm shift because the sun will still be up by then.

View Profile of Lloyd*AloHHHa Send a personal message to Lloyd*AloHHHa  Email Lloyd*AloHHHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2014-08-27 10:20 pm   Permalink

We tried to move things around, but plans are already made for some folks on Saturday. Times have been adjusted so check the intro post everyone. We had to move off the second weekend due to another event that is now occurring. Maybe we can get you on a Sunday spot next year....wink wink.

Lloyd*AloHHHa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-30 10:12 am   Permalink

I don't mind a Saturday night spot, it's just it happens to fall right on Yom Kippur this year. Usually that wouldn't be the case, but because the Hebrew calendar is different than our Gregorian calendar, it will vary from year-to-year.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation