FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 2014 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (October 3,4,5) CRAWL PICTURES
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
2014 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (October 3,4,5) CRAWL PICTURES
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-30 1:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

CRAWL ASSISTANCE FOR ERIC - We got Eric covered for mugs so please bring a bottle of rum to donate to Eric's empty bar.

What kind of rum does Eric like?

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-30 4:34 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the great tip Wendy...here is a few pages of the menu (in light so you can see them ) and a pic of one of the paintings I am ready to start painting. I have since tightened the base drawing up.

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-30 9:14 pm   Permalink

Or Got Rum? Thank you so much for the photos of Albert's menu. I'd also love to see the cover. Do you remember if they actually served the drinks in these volcano and tiki bowls?

Is your painting of what you remember of the insides of Albert's Tiki Village? I so curious.

Very cool, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-31 10:30 am   Permalink

The next step has been to add gold highlights with pin-striping paint that I got from Mahalo Tiki.

These mugs have traveled a lot during all these steps.

The crawl is getting closer. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2014-08-31 7:22 pm   Permalink

Eric says his favorite is Cruzan rum. He lost: Ron Zacapa, Lemon Heart 80 & 151, Appleton Estate, 12 yr, Reserve & VX, Cruzan White Rum. Any donations towards the cause will be appreciated.

Wendy...the mug is looking beautiful We can't thank you enough for your dedication and artistic skills for our crawl mugs.

We are tightening up the schedule so keep an eye on the intro post and if you are crawling please send me a PM with your email address so I can send you the stop addresses.

We have a great group of hosts, so any liquid gifts to them is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to meeting new Tikiphiles and catching up with usual posse.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2014-09-04 20:47 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-09-04 7:50 pm   Permalink

VampiressRN thank you very much.

=====================================================

Sacramento Crawl Mugs.

I finished the mugs and they are waiting for their signature cards and to be boxed.

I numbered all of the boxes. For while Tiki Hula hid behind them.

======================================================

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-09-05 07:56 am   Permalink

*******************************Important Message********************************************************************************

Hi Crawlers, the cost for the Albert's tiki mug is set at $60 each. Check the list on page one to make sure you are there if you want one. If not just PM me here on Tiki Central or just post a message on this thread. Thank you all for letting me make the mug each year I truly love doing it. Wendy

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Lloyd*AloHHHa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-09-06 01:35 am   Permalink

Wendy, you & Dan are truly a blessing to our ohana! Much, much mahalo for all that you do. That being said, can I purchase #49 too? I want to get it for our long-time ohana-bruddah, Adrian Eustaquio! Thanks again!

View Profile of Lloyd*AloHHHa Send a personal message to Lloyd*AloHHHa  Email Lloyd*AloHHHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-09-06 5:09 pm   Permalink

Gotcha on the list for 49.

Here's an updated list. If you spot any errors let me know. Thank you very much. Wendy

As of 9/6/14 hese are the sign ups to purchase a mug. PM me or post on this thread if you want a mug and I'll add your name here and on my "other crafts" thread page one. Thank you.

$60 per mug

1. Brenda
2. Scott
3. Psycho Tiki D
4. Cathi W.
5. Sean Klein
6. Matt Hull
7. Eric Jorgensen
8. William LaPalia
9. Dr. Tiki Mojo
10. Tonie Jenkins
11. Marlene - VampiressRN
12. Sandy - Corona Contessa
13. Laura Lee Riley
14. Matt Kenoyer
15. Eric Banks
16. jdseeks Jim D.
17. markmywords
18. dartharnie
19. debbiedotikito
20. Gregory Ramirez
21. Loki-Tiki
22. Monty Dunnington
23. Monty Dunnington for Debbie
24. Kingstiedye
25. cdtiki
26. KrakenHunterSteve
27. Terri Colman
28. mondo-by-the-bay
29. Miss Monk-ii
30. Cole Unger
31. Mahalo Tiki
32. Aquatic Safarinaut
33. tikilongbeach
34. LiddleLola
35. MrHaiku
36. Kalu
37. Slowhandtikiman
38. JJ Mai Tai
47. Choptop specific number
48. MaukaHale
49. Lloyd*AloHHHa for Adrian
50. Lloyd*AloHHHa

This year I'm selling them the to everyone (attendees and out of town folks) and assigning numbers as the orders come in. So once it is made if you change your mind please let me know ASAP. I will not ship until after the crawl has ended.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2014-09-07 21:25 ]

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-09-07 08:58 am   Permalink

Tiki Hula and I have been working to make a photo for the signature card. Cheers, Wendy

Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-07 2:37 pm   Permalink

Mugs look awesome Wendy! Here is the cover w/ my scanner bring a little yellow tint. I never went to Albert's...the painting is based on another haunt that is also mysterious. OGR/Chris

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-09-07 3:33 pm   Permalink

Or Got Rum? Thank you very much for posting the menu cover. It looks like it is in great shape. Because of the gold highlights I couldn't take a good photo of the mug. So thanks to you I'm going to use the menu cover for the signature card. I've just finished printing out 50 of them. Cheers, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2014-09-07 21:27 ]

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-09-12 08:51 am   Permalink

A few more steps are finished.

I've signed all the cards and

today I'll start to box up the mugs.

The crawl is around the corner and we are so excited.

Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-09-13 8:30 pm   Permalink

Progress Report on the Sacramento Crawl mug. The crawl is October 3rd, 4th and 5th. Three days of joy.

My tiki factory home had all the mugs in their corresponding box.

I lifted each mug out of the box and turned it over. They had been numbered in the little white box on the bottom. I took a brown felt pen and colored in the box so that it showed less.

Next I tore 50 sheets of paper from a big roll. There was only one sheet left when I finished so the roll went bye bye.

Then I took one sheet and stuffed it around each mug.

Then each mug was paired with it's numbered signature card.

Now I taped the boxes closed and then labeled each one with the person who was purchasing it at the crawl.

They are all ready for the crawl or to be shipped. My Asian living room is starting to return to normal. I bet you thought my whole house was tiki, it almost is.

Sgt. Tiki

Posted: 2014-09-14 8:44 pm   Permalink

Hi There - I would like to get one of your cool mugs. I live in Sac but I'm not sure if I can make the crawl yet because of work. Can I reserve one of the mugs?

Jim Giddings

View Profile of Sgt. Tiki Send a personal message to Sgt. Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation