FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 2014 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (October 3,4,5)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
2014 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (October 3,4,5)
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 2:49 pm   Permalink

This will be our 2nd year as part of the Cap City Home Tiki Bar Crawl. Between last year's home purchase, repairs, and being out of work the decorating slowed to a crawl. Also with the current drought our dreams of a lush tropical yard have become desert grasslands. Since both nature and budget were working against me I came up with a new idea for our place. The main Atrium would become a rotating art installation. Using donated materials and whatever I happen to have on hand I have started creating THIS YEAR'S installation titled "Charlie don't Surf".....yes, inspired greatly by the film Apocalypse Now, which I have seen in the theater, owned on VHS video tape, DVD, Blue Ray, and watched again streaming Netflix....in all I've likely seen it 100 times.
We've twisted this into a Tiki variation appropriate to The Headhunter's Hideaway and Jungle Room Lounge.
There's still a lot to do in just 6 weeks but last year we moved in, unpacked, decorated, cooked and made a cocktail punch in just 8 weeks so there is still hope!
Photos will start leaking here first....soon.

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 3 days ago; 8:36 pm   Permalink

Very cool. Dan's watched that movie many times too. You'll have to talk about it at the crawl. We are looking forward to your entryway. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: Yesterday; 08:52 am   Permalink

Time to share again. I opened the kiln to expose load number two.

After the kiln was empty I loaded in the third and maybe last group of Sacramento Crawl mugs.

I carried these all into the house to add to the growing stacks.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Yesterday; 09:31 am   Permalink

They're looking good!

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation