FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Some pics of Shangri-La
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Some pics of Shangri-La
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 10:13 pm   Permalink

The bar area

The bar area with Kiliki

with Swanky pouring

Bamboo Ben's mom pic

The shelf o' mugs

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky on 2003-07-16 22:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky on 2003-07-16 22:19 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-17 08:01 am   Permalink

We are just getting started in here. Our big move was in March of this year and then Hukilau was coming so we couldn't dedicate any time to it at all.

We have so much energy and passion about it since Hukilau so we'll be sure to share the progression.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-17 10:45 am   Permalink

What a great bar!
The great part about having your own tiki bar, which I didn’t know until I built my own was, it pays for itself in all the money you save from going out to drink (not to mention the incredible fun) (and not to mention the driving while under tiki libations you avoid).
Have Fun!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-07-17 11:29 am   Permalink

How adorable! So cozy!

Question, at Hukilau in the ballroom there were some great dark paintings, of very moody tikis. Who were those? Is that what is on your wall behind the bar, left?

Thx, Inky

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-17 1:12 pm   Permalink

how cool!. very nice set up.What do the folks next door think?

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-17 1:59 pm   Permalink

Inky,

The paintings were brought by Wayne Coombs, Mr. Mai Tiki himself, to Hukilau. Her name is Jacklyn LaFlamme. You could email him from the Mai Tiki website and let him know you want more information.

Behind the bar is a velvet painting we bought while cocktailed for way too much money on ebay. Rule #1 in our house - no ebaying while drinking. We still love it.

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2003-07-17 13:59 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-17 3:08 pm   Permalink

Actually, the paintings at Hukilau on the wall over by the back bar were painted by Wayne himself. He had never painted before and was suprised he could! They were pretty popular for his first outings and had some interested in buying them.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-07-18 1:22 pm   Permalink

they were great...thanks for the advice, I will email them.

hmmmmm, ebaying while intoxicated....I think that's how I acuired my Shag barstool....there ought to be a law.

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-18 4:13 pm   Permalink

How did you guys find the time to do this and organize the Hukilau? I feel like a slug.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-19 11:32 pm   Permalink

Looking good...can't wait to go there!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-20 08:41 am   Permalink

Finally- a tiki oasis in "God's Country"! Hope to make it up to K-town soon w/my wahine and will need directions for hand delivery of Sazerac's...keep up the good work guys!

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-20 11:07 am   Permalink

We should have the pool turned from it's current green clumpy color with frogs, to a nice clear blue in a week or so, and we'll plan a little soiree then. If get my latest "tiki" that BK turned me onto, it'll really be time to celebrate! (fingers crossed)

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

modchick65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-20 3:54 pm   Permalink

Great set-up, you two! Congrats on creating your own cozy tiki environment. And with a pool to boot... you must have quite the stylish rat pack crib. I'm jealous.

Could you post a straight-on picture of the bar? I'd love to see the detail of what the actual front looks like.

View Profile of modchick65 Send a personal message to modchick65  Goto the website of modchick65     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-20 4:10 pm   Permalink

Here is the actual fron to the bar.

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky on 2003-07-21 11:50 ]

modchick65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-22 07:49 am   Permalink

NIIIIIIIIICE!!

View Profile of modchick65 Send a personal message to modchick65  Goto the website of modchick65     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation