[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food How to make a killer Zombie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
How to make a killer Zombie
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 10:24 am   Permalink

I have seen mold in unopened bottles of Taylors Velvet on a liquor store shelf. Whispy black nasty mold. I have learned to scrutinize the bottles before purchasing.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 11:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-01-30 19:25, Dapuma1 wrote:
What is the shelf life of the BG stuff,

I've added 1 oz vodka in my bottle, shook it well, and kept it in the fridge and 2 months later I still used it with zero mold. After that I tossed it because I figured it just wasn't as pungent and couldn't tell if it was or wasn't bad, heh.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-31 11:21 am   Permalink

I've made the stuff from scratch, added 2oz Everclear grain alcohol to each of the two bottles, then stored half in my fridge and the other half in my freezer. The stuff in the fridge keeps very well, I've never had problems despite some long periods where I don't use the stuff. The stuff in the freezer never gets totally frozen due to the high content of solids and the alcohol. Even if I had to use the stuff straight from the freezer, it would take little effort to pull the bottle and thaw it a bit to ensure that it flows nicely. I have never seen this stuff separate in the bottle when stored in the freezer, but it's a good practice to ensure it thaws a bit and mix it.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation