FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Do you know who made this Tiki?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Do you know who made this Tiki?
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 01:16 am   Permalink

Great post SandraDee. Very true.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 09:16 am   Permalink

Yes, SandraDee hit the nail on the head. When I bought mine, I loved it. Then... I started learning about different artists and over the years, my taste has changed. I'd say get it! For $40... Even if you like it for just two years, that's only $20 a year & you can sell it if you decide that you don't want it anymore.

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 10:55 am   Permalink

Well said SandraDee. I have lots of stuff that I purchased early on, some I have sold, some given away and some I have kept as reminders of how my taste has changed. An important lesson that I have learned when sailing (garage sales)or thrifting, if you like it, buy it, don't worry about what the purist on this site may think. Most of the purist here are very knowledgeable and are responsible for changing my collection by educating me in the history of tiki. They mean no harm when offering advice when you ask them.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-13 4:21 pm   Permalink

This mug is on eBay (not mine). Anyone know who made it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiki-Mug-Ceramic-6-Brown-Wood-Grain-Totem-Palm-Skirt-A-Hand-Painted-Polynesian-/131140058059?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e888e7bcb

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-03-13 4:41 pm   Permalink

Judging from the photos, I'd say it was made by "A".

In all honesty, I'm stumped. I just searched through every brown tiki mug on Ooga-Mooga (and boy are my eyes tired!) but I didn't see it in there. I also tried doing an image search with Google and TinEye, but nothing there either. From the style of it, I'd guess it's a more modern mug, but it can be so hard to tell.
T-shirts based on vintage tiki matchbooks: TikiTees

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2014-03-13 17:16 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-13 4:44 pm   Permalink

My vast storehouse of knowledge also says it was made by A...or if Canadian...eh?

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-13 9:37 pm   Permalink

Could it be this?

Angry face, dressed in a skirt made of leaves, brown...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-13 9:44 pm   Permalink

There is an App for that?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-14 06:47 am   Permalink

Could be but a web search was unsuccessful

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation