[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Rex's TikiBaby Nursery
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Rex's TikiBaby Nursery
TikiJaxx
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-01-31 11:24 am   Permalink

Aloha! We have a little one on the way and needed a theme for the nursery. What better theme than TIKI!! The wife and I live in a mid century modern home and wanted to create a seamless transition into the nursery from the rest of the home, while still making it playful and fun for our baby boy. After many days of searching on the internet for ideas, we only found a small handful of attempted tiki nurseries. Starting from scratch, we started pulling ideas from TC and incorporated them into our room. A couple of trips to the Tiki International Marketplace and a trip to Disneyland for the 50th Anniversary of the Tiki Room, we set out to put this room together. Most of the items we gathered came from thrift stores, garage sales and curbside finds. I cleaned and refurbished all the items myself. The only box store purchase was the crib. The results are amazing and we couldn't be happier! In another 4 weeks or sooner our little boy, Rex Houston, will be introduced to wonderful world of Tiki and all the magic and wonder it has to hold.

And special thanks to Dawn Frasier for creating this amazing wall paper!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiJaxx 2014-01-31 12:19 ]

View Profile of TikiJaxx Send a personal message to TikiJaxx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 11:27 am   Permalink

Yea that wallpaper is killer!

Congrats on the soon-to-be-addition to the family and what a great room to bring him home to!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 11:37 am   Permalink

Its AWESOME I LOVE it!!!

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 11:39 am   Permalink

wow!!! Can you adopt me!!???? that is incredible!!!! where did you get that killer wallpaper??? OMG love it!!! Im right clicking the hell out of your pics for reference !!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-31 11:46 am   Permalink

That is fantastic! Thank you for sharing!

Chris
WestADad

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJaxx

Posted: 2014-01-31 11:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-01-31 11:39, Pele Paul wrote:
wow!!! Can you adopt me!!???? that is incredible!!!! where did you get that killer wallpaper??? OMG love it!!! Im right clicking the hell out of your pics for reference !!!!

The wallpaper is from Spoonflower.com. Just enter "Wallpaper: Tiki" is the search bar. Dawn and many others have quite a few patterns to choose from and Spoonflower also prints fabric. The wallpaper is really high quality and super easy to apply.

View Profile of TikiJaxx Send a personal message to TikiJaxx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 11:56 am   Permalink

Rex Houston!!! that's a strong movie star name!!!!!! god really love your room!!! can you take a pic of the ceiling or explain what you did on it? looks like photos out of Better Homes & gardens magazine! really really superb without being too busy!!! A+++++++ well done, now I can wait to get my new house and make a tiki guest room!!!
thanks so much for sharing!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJaxx

Posted: 2014-01-31 12:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-01-31 11:56, Pele Paul wrote:
Rex Houston!!! that's a strong movie star name!!!!!! god really love your room!!! can you take a pic of the ceiling or explain what you did on it? looks like photos out of Better Homes & gardens magazine! really really superb without being too busy!!! A+++++++ well done, now I can wait to get my new house and make a tiki guest room!!!
thanks so much for sharing!!!

Hey Pele Paul! Thank you for the kind words!! We have an Eichler house with post and beam construction. The entire house has awesome tongue and groove redwood ceilings with an oil based white washed stain. The ceilings are original from 1960 and have never been painted. See the pic below.

Congrats on the new house! I'll be watching for pics of your tiki guest room.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 1:52 pm   Permalink

Now that's Tiki!
And that is how to add Tiki decor to a kids room, I like the Mid Century influence too.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 4:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much!!! gonna have to copy that too!!! too cool!!!! now Ive gotta find some cool tiki wall paper!!!

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-31 4:13 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! What a great job...it looks very classy and baby friendly. Consider yourself an expert in nursery decor...simply fabulous. Thanks for sharing such great pictures. Yep...the paper is awesome, and the lights are cool.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 5:56 pm   Permalink

Nicely done & congrats on your soon-to-be addition!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 6:31 pm   Permalink

Awesome work- I was wondering if that was Dawn's wallpaper from the first photos- great details. Especially love the wallpaper, the TV shelf (epic), the lamps, and the cuddly parrot. Great tiki for kids... it will be a great place to softly introduce your son to the world of tiki!

Look forward to seeing Rex in his new digs.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-01 10:30 am   Permalink

This is very cool!!! You nailed it on this kids room design of Tiki. The mid-century pieces are great too.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-01 6:21 pm   Permalink

Now that's the way to pass on the Tiki torch...
Awesome

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation