FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Trader Vic's Pomegranate Grenadine Syrup Label [NSFW] [Boobies!]
Trader Vic's Pomegranate Grenadine Syrup Label [NSFW] [Boobies!]
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-01-31 3:58 pm   Permalink

I just purchased one of the Trader Vic's grenadine bottle labels and scanned it in high-res, as is my wont. I noticed that it looks as if at some point they reduced the size of one of her breasts, as the halftone screen around it has clearly been touched up. You can see the shape of the original breast:

You can also see that her left breast is larger than her right one:

I can imagine Vic giving the art direction: "Gee, that's swell! But she doesn't look 'nubile' enough. Can you make her boobs a little smaller, so she looks younger? Maybe a bit more pert?" Or, more likely: "Sweet Mary, she's got a rack on her! That'll never fly. Make 'em smaller."

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2014-01-31 15:59 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-31 5:38 pm   Permalink

Hi TikiTacky. What year is the label you have scanned. It looks a bit different than the one I have. Mine is on an original Trader Vic's logo bottle with the label dated 1946. Here are a couple of pics.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-01-31 6:10 pm   Permalink

Mine is also dated 1946, but they didn't tend to update copyrights when they made revisions.
I note that the address on yours is in Berkeley, but this one lists Emeryville. Can that help us determine which was first?

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2014-01-31 18:13 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-01 10:22 am   Permalink

Love me some boobies.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-02-01 10:57 am   Permalink

After doing a bit more research, I believe the logo on the other label is a newer version from the early 50s. It matches another label I have for Trader Vic's Flaming Rum, dated 1953.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation