FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Help ID this tiki auction score!
Help ID this tiki auction score!
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-01 5:45 pm   Permalink

SO excited to finally have something to share on the collecting tiki thread!!

My very loving parents just returned from an estate auction in Honolulu, and dropped this fellow off on my front lawn:

Monkeypod wood (I'm fairly sure), 5'8" tall. Looks like it has spent many a year outside, and that it was once coated with shellac or spar varnish. Most has flaked off, and there are areas of patching for cracks and the like with bondo (or something similar). Auction listed it as a "1960's Tiki" - I'm note sure if it is that old, but it has defiantly been around for many a year.

Anyone recognize this tiki? It would be so neat to find any news of its history. I plan on dusting him off and displaying it in the living room. He has spent too long outdoors - and I want it to survive another 40 years!

Mahalo for looking!

PS yes, my parents are THE BEST

[ This Message was edited by: VanTiki 2014-02-04 17:07 ]

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-01 8:56 pm   Permalink

I dig it. Congrats!!

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-01 9:11 pm   Permalink

Congratulations...he is a beauty...well aged and sure he has a wonderful history. Looking forward to seeing what people can share about him.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation