FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » help to save bahooka's mascot, rufus~~~
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
help to save bahooka's mascot, rufus~~~
Fez Moai
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-02-11 9:11 pm   Permalink

Lynne from Hidden LA sent the dimensions to Damon's yesterday.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-11 9:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-11 21:11, Fez Moai wrote:
Lynne from Hidden LA sent the dimensions to Damon's yesterday.

Can you also send the required measurements to Thor & Kari, whom are in direct communications with Damon's?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-12 06:42 am   Permalink

Got this message late last night from Michael, GM at Damon's. Here is the CLEAR scoop. I feel officially comfortable to take my hand off the Wheel, and again, let this take it's course with confidence it's in the right hands now. Keeping my hopes strong for Rufus! Still not time to celebrate…but we are sooooo close.

Quote from Michael (Damon's) last night via text:

"Sorry Tom, I have not gotten the exact measurements but was told by Lynn they were within our needs. I Talked with Jorge today, I will be going to Bahooka to meet with him and hopefully seal the deal. I will be taking one of our fish guys with me too look at the tank as well."

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-12 08:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-12 06:42, THOR's wrote:
Got this message late last night from Michael, GM at Damon's. Here is the CLEAR scoop. I feel officially comfortable to take my hand off the Wheel, and again, let this take it's course with confidence it's in the right hands now. Keeping my hopes strong for Rufus! Still not time to celebrate…but we are sooooo close.

Quote from Michael (Damon's) last night via text:

"Sorry Tom, I have not gotten the exact measurements but was told by Lynn they were within our needs. I Talked with Jorge today, I will be going to Bahooka to meet with him and hopefully seal the deal. I will be taking one of our fish guys with me too look at the tank as well."

GREAT news Tom. Thank you for sharing the clear truth here so we all know what's going on.

[ This Message was edited by: SoCal Savage 2014-02-12 08:25 ]

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-02-12 11:25 am   Permalink

I'll try to find the link for last night's Channel 7 news segment on Rufus. I come out in it! Also, I was just interviewed on KPCC radio regarding Rufus. The link to that segment is on Taketwoshow.org.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-12 11:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-12 11:25, Fez Moai wrote:
I come out in it!

Does this mean what it sounds like it means? Honest question.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-02-12 11:36 am   Permalink

If you mean that I meant that I'm in the segment, then yes.

MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-12 12:10 pm   Permalink

You can see the video on FaceBook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=717149821650196

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-12 12:21 pm   Permalink

Unless you don't use Facebook, in which case you can see an error page telling you that you suck.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-12 12:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-12 11:36, Fez Moai wrote:
If you mean that I meant that I'm in the segment, then yes.

http://youtu.be/G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-02-12 12:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting that link! That's a different cameraman and segment, so I'm not in it after all, oh well!

Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-02-12 12:59 pm   Permalink

TickyTacky, the Princess Bride rules!!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-12 2:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-12 11:27, TikiTacky wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-02-12 11:25, Fez Moai wrote:
I come out in it!

Does this mean what it sounds like it means? Honest question.

Not that there is anything wrong with that!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-12 4:06 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone. It's Kari Hendler again. So... as Thor said earlier today, we are in a little holding pattern with Damon's until they can get over to Bahooka and meet with Jorge. In the meantime, Lynn Garrett (Otto von Stroheim's friend who runs Hidden Los Angeles) has been doing a kickass job of fielding the press and helping get donations for Rufus' cause. She needs your help, though. She needs GOOD photos of Rufus and video of him to help with the campaign and press. So check your phones and computer photo files in case you have photos of Rufus, or pointed your phone at his tank and took video of him. Please send only good, clear images to Lynn. Still photos can be sent to Hiddenla@me.com. Videos can be sent to the same address via https://www.hightail.com/

It's doubtful that you'll get photo or film credit, but you'll get good mana by helping Lynn gather material needed to promote this cause.

I'm keeping a positive feeling that this will be resolved soon. Once again, please do not call Damon's as they are doing their best to make an educated and humane decision, and the LAST thing we want to do is make them feel pressured. As I said in an earlier email, Rufus is a special case and it is a big deal to take him in. There are a few other interested places at this moment, and they are being given information about what would be needed to adopt Rufus, should they become involved.

Now, I want to say this very important thing: Lynn has spoken to aquatic experts about Rufus. People who are skilled in aquatic moving and fish health. Rufus is a big fish of a certain age. Just like any animal, when he is moved, to wherever he is moved to, it will be a stressful experience for him. You know how much fun it is when YOU move? Well, imagine that for Rufus. No matter how careful or educated the movers will be, it will be a big change for Rufus. His water is his air, his tank has been his home his whole life. The best care will be given to move him, but it is a risky thing to do. All that being said, THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT THIS IS A RISK WORTH TAKING. Yes, there is some drama to this that hopefully will have a happy ending. I think all of us would cheer on anyone who makes this attempt to give Rufus a quality, new home, no matter what MIGHT happen. Since he can't stay at Bahooka any longer, taking a risk like this is far better than the alternative, don't you think? I just needed to point out the reality of this situation, so that you all are aware that this is a big deal, but one worth doing, no matter what, and that you give major kudos to whoever adopts him.

Mahalo to all of you who have posted and are keeping the fish-faith. This is Tiki teamwork at its finest.

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Me Myself and Moai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-12 4:06 pm   Permalink

Has anyone thought to question the inhumane act of leaving this creature behind, while selling and leaving your building?
Thoughtless and heartless begin to sum it up. I am sure no one would be this sterile and analytical in response to hearing that someone sold their dog with their house.
Is there no thought of accountability given before launching this appeal?

View Profile of Me Myself and Moai Send a personal message to Me Myself and Moai  Goto the website of Me Myself and Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation