FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » help to save bahooka's mascot, rufus~~~
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
help to save bahooka's mascot, rufus~~~
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-04 3:05 pm   Permalink

Ok.... I was just chatting with my good friend who is the current assistant GM again at Damon's. He is really doing his best and said to give him till the end of the day tonight. He is giving it a REAL push to get the board that owns Damon's onboard with this. Damon's has numerous "owners" that need to all agree on any happenings there. No guarantees...but at least after tonight we will know for sure if Damon's is a definite No or a go.

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-04 3:09 pm   Permalink

Good Luck Thor!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-04 4:20 pm   Permalink

Let's not see him turned into a float lamp!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-04 6:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-04 16:20, TikiTacky wrote:
Let's not see him turned into a float lamp!

Tacky, TikiTacky.

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-04 6:20 pm   Permalink

Thor please let us know how it goes tonight at Damons. It would be great if Rufus ended up there so we could all visit him.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-04 8:31 pm   Permalink

Sure hope that pans out at Damon's
Thanks for your efforts Thor!

It has been over 7 hours since asking without a reply, has anyone else found out any more information
regarding what the owner wishes to do about Rufus?

Has anyone checked with Amy at the Tonga Hut for a possible new home for Rufus?

What about giving Rufus to an interested "Individual" if Damon's falls through
The clock is ticking for our carrot munching buddy & actions speak louder then words.

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-02-04 20:34 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Jefe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-04 8:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

It has been over 7 hours since asking without a reply, has anyone else found out any more information
regarding what the owner wishes to do about Rufus?

Fez doesn't have to give you a response.

Quote:

Has anyone checked with Amy at the Tonga Hut for a possible new home for Rufus?

Quote:

Fez Moai is a new member here & does not have the contacts that many of us long time members have in the Tiki community....

So why don't you use your long time member status and contacts and maybe help Fez out? Maybe call Amy yourself and put her in contact with Fez instead of trying to insert yourself into the situation and just stir up shit?

Quote:

What about giving Rufus to an interested "Individual" if Damon's falls through
The clock is ticking for our carrot munching buddy & actions speak louder then words.

Fez has already answered this question. Do you not read the posts before you post? Fez has stated that he would rather Rufus go someplace where the public can enjoy him instead of into a private situation.

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-04 9:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-04 20:56, El Jefe wrote:

So why don't you use your long time member status and contacts and maybe help Fez out? Maybe call Amy yourself and put her in contact with Fez instead of trying to insert yourself into the situation and just stir up shit?

That should have read, "instead of trying to insert yourself into EVERY situation and just stir up shit".

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-04 9:12 pm   Permalink

Let's stay on topic for this one! Jefe.

But none of my questions have been answered so far
and some answers would be helpful to everyone interested, not just me.

Also I did not wish to bother Amy if someone already asked her, but that must not have occurred to you.
for once you might try to be helpful instead of argumentative.

The only thing important in this thread is finding a home for Rufus
& I for one will stay focused on that goal.

Edit for spelling mistake.

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-02-05 01:03 ]

El Jefe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-04 9:34 pm   Permalink

ATP you really need to stop because you're just really embarrassing yourself.

Quote:

Let's stay on topic for this one! Jefe.

I am definitely on topic. The points I made and the questions I asked pertain to the topic at hand. If you don't understand that I don't know what to tell you. I also laughed out loud to find myself chastised by you for being accused of going "off topic".

Quote:

But none of my questions have been answered so far
and some answers would be helpful to everyone interested, not just me.

Once again Fez does not owe you an answer. Based on the way you've treated him in the past I wouldn't answer your questions either. It seems there are more than a few people trying to help Fez without the answers you claim will help "everyone". Stop speaking for "everyone".

Quote:

Also I did not wish to bother Amy if someone already asked her, but that must not of occurred to you.
for once you might try to be helpful instead of argumentative.

This is a total cop out. For once you might try not to be argumentative.

Quote:

The only thing important in this thread is finding a home for Rufus
& I for one will stay focused on that goal.

I agree. Now use your long term member status and contacts to help Fez out.

[ This Message was edited by: El Jefe 2014-02-04 21:51 ]

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-04 9:51 pm   Permalink

Message sent to Amy, now you two are only being disruptive
so get lost.

El Jefe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-04 9:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-04 21:51, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Message sent to Amy, now you two are only being disruptive
so get lost.

To me I think I have been quite productive. I got you to use your long term member status and contacts.

tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-04 10:52 pm   Permalink

O.K. Now both of you, for the sake of Rufus, SHUT UP! Before this subject get locked too.

with aloha, tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2014-02-04 10:59 pm   Permalink

All grumbling aside...I am worried about Rufus and I never have even met him. I know old fish need to stay in their own water when being moved...and slowly changed out for new water that is similar in chemical balance to what they are currently living in. Somebody that knows about fish really needs to also help. I am thinking good thoughts for him and so hope he gets to live amongst the friends who love him in a Tiki bar.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-05 12:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-04 22:59, VampiressRN wrote:
All grumbling aside...I am worried about Rufus and I never have even met him. I know old fish need to stay in their own water when being moved...and slowly changed out for new water that is similar in chemical balance to what they are currently living in. Somebody that knows about fish really needs to also help. I am thinking good thoughts for him and so hope he gets to live amongst the friends who love him in a Tiki bar.

You are right Marlene, any fish, not just old ones, need to stay in their own water when being moved. You can't just physically pick up an aquarium and move it to where you want so what you need to do is try to take as much of the water from the tank with you as you can. The problem is that the bigger the tank the more water it holds and therefore you need more and more, and larger and larger, containers to transport that water.

You also need to transport the gravel if it has any (without cleaning/washing it) so that means more buckets/containers and again, the bigger the tank the more gravel it will generally have in it.

Effectively what you are trying to do is empty the tank, move it, and refill it using everything from where it came from. There will be a small amount of water loss during the process but a small top-up with new water shouldn't be an issue.

Once in it's new location maintainence is the same for any aquarium, regular water changes. Keeping fish is easy, but what you need to remember is that you are a 'water keeper', not a 'fish keeper'. Unlike all other pets, you are providing and in control of a fishes enviroment. If you move from one side of the country to the other, or to another country entirely, besides the surroundings your dog or cat will be breathing the same air. Water chemistry changes and it is up to you, the water keeper, to try to keep the water chemistry as stable and as consistent as possible. By moving the tank as i mentioned above you won't be changing the water chemistry at all so you shouldn't have any problems.

If you plan ahead moving a tank is not hard, just time consuming. When i moved house the tanks were the last things to move and the first things to set up. Not fun and very tiring but the best way of eliminating the possibility of any fish losses.

(20+ years of keeping fish with about 8 in the industry, both wholesale and retail. I was a fish geek before i was a tiki geek.)

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation