FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT


advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki help to save bahooka's mascot, rufus~~~
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
help to save bahooka's mascot, rufus~~~
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Joined: Nov 26, 2005
Posts: 2834
Posted: 2014-02-27 07:29 am   Permalink

Thank you for getting back to us on that Fez.
Should he want to get rid of those fish I would
think there may be people here that would be able to
help who knows.

Would think moving those fish would not be the big job Rufus is.


 
View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Posts: 6902
From: Tujunga
Posted: 2014-02-27 09:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-27 07:29, tikiskip wrote:
Would think moving those fish would not be the big job Rufus is.





 
View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai
Grand Member (first year)  

Joined: Dec 01, 2013
Posts: 271
From: Parts unknown
Posted: 2014-02-27 1:57 pm   Permalink

Jorge and I are trying to convince him to give the fish away, but he is selling them as well as the tanks. He did drop the price of the tanks now to $1 per gallon.

 
View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Joined: Nov 23, 2006
Posts: 5750
From: Sun City Lincoln Hills (NorCal)
Posted: 2014-03-07 11:09 pm   Permalink

How is Rufus doing?

 
View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Apr 09, 2003
Posts: 3818
From: LA-2547 mls east Hawaii &5500 Easter Is
Posted: 2014-03-09 11:04 am   Permalink

I was at Damon's on Friday and one of the bartenders assured me that it was only "a matter of time" before Rufus appears and proudly pointed out where his aquarium will be located.

 
View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai
Grand Member (first year)  

Joined: Dec 01, 2013
Posts: 271
From: Parts unknown
Posted: 2014-03-10 12:40 am   Permalink

Rufus is still doing well. Alan Zhu is having a 2000 gallon tank finished for him and other Pacu fish. I was there at the Bahooka yesterday taking down bamboo and the post office set up in the front. Grabbed a bunch of tables also.

 
View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fate
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Mar 05, 2009
Posts: 34
Posted: 2014-03-10 10:51 am   Permalink

from a week ago


I deleted the rest of my post and pictures I had posted to save you all the calories you would spend bitching about being on topic.




[ This Message was edited by: Fate 2014-03-10 12:35 ]


 
View Profile of Fate Send a personal message to Fate      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Apr 30, 2004
Posts: 595
Posted: 2014-03-11 4:18 pm   Permalink

Fez Moai,
Has the owner done the research on putting Rufus and the other fish in one tank? My concerns would be things like introducing a fish Rufus' age, let alone the fact he has NEVER been in any tank situation, other than total isolation in his entire life, into a multi fished community. If I were the owner, wanting to do this right, I would get some professional help BIG TIME!. I hope to hear this is the case?

For me, Questions arise like, "Can a fish rufus's age die from being introduced to disease or other factors he never built tolerance/immunity to in this new tank with other fish?

Will younger fish of his species pick on him...and this become a potential territorial issue?

Lastly, will Rufus be moved by a well trained pro? Moving this fish 10 feet can be as dangerous as moving it ten miles. As myself and others familiar with fish care of all sizes, changes in temperature, water chemistry and the trauma of "capturing" a fish this size are all SUPER critical. A new 2000 gallon tank sounds awesome...but the size and glitter won't mean a thing unless this process is carried out with experience and full understanding of the critical factors necessary to maximize his chances to survive.



[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-03-11 16:23 ]


 
View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fate
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Mar 05, 2009
Posts: 34
Posted: 2014-03-13 4:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-11 16:18, THOR's wrote:
If I were the owner, wanting to do this right, I would get some professional help BIG TIME!. I hope to hear this is the case?

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-03-11 16:23 ]



Seems like all that money raised to help Rufus would be well used for this purpose.
You know, since it was raised to move him in the first place.


 
View Profile of Fate Send a personal message to Fate      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jul 19, 2009
Posts: 6100
From: Costa Misery
Posted: 2014-03-13 5:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-13 16:54, Fate wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-03-11 16:18, THOR's wrote:
If I were the owner, wanting to do this right, I would get some professional help BIG TIME!. I hope to hear this is the case?

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-03-11 16:23 ]



Seems like all that money raised to help Rufus would be well used for this purpose.
You know, since it was raised to move him in the first place.



In this case the owner has the money to buy and setup a 2000 gallon tank, otherwise
he would not be doing it in the first place, As a contingency the raised funds may still be needed
if he (The owner) changes his plans again.

I for one don't believe in awarding greed, so not a penny should go to this guy for any reason
it is a little something I like to call ethics.


 
View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Joined: Aug 10, 2004
Posts: 3066
From: Redondo Beach, CA
Posted: 2014-03-13 6:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-11 16:18, THOR's wrote:
Fez Moai,
Has the owner done the research on putting Rufus and the other fish in one tank? ...



Good question. Many sources indicate that Pacus prefer to be more solitary as they get older and they attempt to nip the fins of any smaller fish.


 
View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Joined: Nov 23, 2010
Posts: 1305
Posted: 2014-03-13 8:37 pm   Permalink

I must be turning into a Pacu.

 
View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Apr 09, 2003
Posts: 3818
From: LA-2547 mls east Hawaii &5500 Easter Is
Posted: 2014-03-13 11:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-13 16:54, Fate wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-03-11 16:18, THOR's wrote:
If I were the owner, wanting to do this right, I would get some professional help BIG TIME!. I hope to hear this is the case?

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-03-11 16:23 ]



Seems like all that money raised to help Rufus would be well used for this purpose.
You know, since it was raised to move him in the first place.



In no way was the fundraising goal the continued maintenance of Rufus at the same location. The fundraising explicitly stated that the goal was "to be relocated to a new home."

http://www.youcaring.com/pet-expenses/help-rufus-the-fish-find-a-forever-home-/136424

While I wish the best for Rufus, not a dime should be used to reward the new owner for blocking his move to Damon's.




 View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jun 03, 2007
Posts: 864
From: Melbourne,Australia
Posted: 2014-03-14 05:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-13 23:02, christiki295 wrote:

In no way was the fundraising goal the continued maintenance of Rufus at the same location. The fundraising explicitly stated that the goal was "to be relocated to a new home."

http://www.youcaring.com/pet-expenses/help-rufus-the-fish-find-a-forever-home-/136424

While I wish the best for Rufus, not a dime should be used to reward the new owner for blocking his move to Damon's.




Do people on this forum not understand basic english or do they just comment without reading the entire thread and what it is about? I thought the above comment was blatantly obvious.


 
View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Apr 09, 2003
Posts: 3818
From: LA-2547 mls east Hawaii &5500 Easter Is
Posted: 2014-03-14 07:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-14 05:02, swizzle wrote:
Quote:

On 2014-03-13 23:02, christiki295 wrote:

In no way was the fundraising goal the continued maintenance of Rufus at the same location. The fundraising explicitly stated that the goal was "to be relocated to a new home."

http://www.youcaring.com/pet-expenses/help-rufus-the-fish-find-a-forever-home-/136424

While I wish the best for Rufus, not a dime should be used to reward the new owner for blocking his move to Damon's.




Do people on this forum not understand basic english or do they just comment without reading the entire thread and what it is about? I thought the above comment was blatantly obvious.



Neither the sentiment nor the content are blatantly obvious. There is a divergence of opinion as to whether it is appropriate for the $$$ to be used to relocate Rufus to a new, bigger tank at the exact same place or, for the intended purpose of moving him to a different place - Damons. The content is not blatantly obvious as noticeably absent from the prior discussion was a reference to the wording of the purpose behind raising the $3000.00.

Be leery of making such assumptions, as it tends to make one an ass.



 
View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:
  
v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation