Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki America Unearthed: Lost Tribe of Menehune
America Unearthed: Lost Tribe of Menehune
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-04 5:14 pm   Permalink

I found this on DirecTV. Its available "On Demand" until February 9th.

http://www.history.com/shows/america-unearthed/videos/america-unearthed-lost-tribe-of-menehune

While vacationing with his family in Hawaii, Scott Wolter uncovers some key geological facts to determine whether this ancient, legendary race of tiny people really existed on the islands.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2014-02-05 06:16 am   Permalink

Even when the evidence is legit, Scott Wolter always seems to taint whatever he touches with a cloud of bullshit. I can't stand to watch his show, even though the subject fascinates me.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-05 07:51 am   Permalink

I know what you mean. My personal opinion, from personal observation, is that over the years both History Channel and Discovery Channel have tarnished their reputations as fairly reliable non-scholarly sources of information for the general public. Nobody is perfect, I know that. But they have aired a surprising amount of very weak (and in some cases blatantly biased) crap over the last few years. Even now I see that they have quite an ongoing commitment to ratings-over-accuracy in a pretty sizable amount of their programming.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-05 08:50 am   Permalink

I find all the stories from what seems like every culture mentioning little people to be really cool....the Ebu gogo and Flores island species just totally fascinates me.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-05 9:18 pm   Permalink

I saw the show a couple weeks ago. There was some interesting information from some of the people they interviewed. It would've been nice if they showed more of that instead of all the horribly fake "reality tv" garbage. It's certainly not a program I'll watch again.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-06 12:16 pm   Permalink

Sorry couldn't resist!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation