[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Tiki Bike
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Bike
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-17 2:54 pm   Permalink

OK, we had the Tiki Car thread, hows about the Tiki Bike thread?

Now that we're back in San Diego County, my wife's buggin' me to buy myself a bike ("Have you been looking at motorcycles again? Well, why not?" Awww, don't you wish you had my problems?), and I was mentally debating Tiki-fying it.

Has anyone here done this, or know of good examples?

I'm debating such atrocities as a Tiki mask fairing with headlamps for eyes & colored lights behind the mouth; bamboo covering the gastank; tromp l'oil bamboo painting the pipes; small painted images of Disney characters in the Enchanted Tiki Room and/or wearing Tiki masks; miniature glass-eyed tikis hanging from the ends of the handlebars like fringe; fake glass fishing floats as taillights; painting the gastank as a hawaiian state flag; painting the gastank as an american flag with Hibiscus flowers for stars; imitation tapas cloth saddles...

I'm open to suggestions, pro & con, and would love to see photos of anyone's Tiki projects that'd relate to this.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-18 01:04 am   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-18 06:06 am   Permalink

I thought you meant bicycle, and I got excited. Ah well. Am I really the only person in this forum who doesn't drive a gas-fuelled vehicle?

(no, Im not some crazy hippie - just don't have a license as I live in Toronto and don't need one)

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-18 12:44 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I know, I grew up in NYC and didn't have a license to drive 'til I moved to LA @ 22 years old, and then it was a motorcycle license. I didn't have a class "C" car license 'til I was 25.

I'll gladly take any Tiki Bicycle tips you have, I'll probably be getting a new Fat Tire 18 speed hill-runner eventually, too.

Quote:

On 2003-07-18 06:06, tikifish wrote:
I thought you meant bicycle, and I got excited. Ah well. Am I really the only person in this forum who doesn't drive a gas-fuelled vehicle?

(no, Im not some crazy hippie - just don't have a license as I live in Toronto and don't need one)

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-18 12:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Am I really the only person in this forum who doesn't drive a gas-fuelled vehicle?

You are NOT alone Tikifish! Despite constant pressure from Mrs. emspace to get licensed (and I'd better now that Baby emspace has come along), I have never had a driver's license. I am at the learner's permit stage, but still have only actually driven like a half-dozen times.

Sing with me: "Who's the biggest freak in TC, it's emspace!"

, em

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-18 1:56 pm   Permalink

I'm sure that everyone has seen the "Taboo Tiki" beach cruiser that was designed by Von Franco and made by Dyno Kustom Kruisers a couple of years ago...
Anyway, it's a pretty sweet ride, as are all of the Dyno bikes. Unfortunately, GT has stopped producing Dynos but they can still be found on ebay and such.
Just thought I'd throw that out there...
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CruzinTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-18 8:42 pm   Permalink

For anyone who missed the "Taboo Tiki" ...

emspace ... you'd look great on one!

[ This Message was edited by: CruzinTiki on 2003-07-18 20:44 ]

View Profile of CruzinTiki Send a personal message to CruzinTiki  Email CruzinTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-18 9:42 pm   Permalink

Cruzin, you are so right! Talk about an attention-getter...I love cruisers. Those orange rims, that light!

, em.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 11:09 am   Permalink

Last time I did the Rosarito to Ensenada bike ride, there was this jolly fellow riding his Taboo Cruiser up "the hill" in flip-flops and a big straw hat. Beach cruisers a too cool, but they are not for long distances(fifty miles) or steep grades. Respect for the tiki boy.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-26 08:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

I'm another one, Tikifish! My wife drives and I can ride the whole way to work off-road. No need for an extra car...

BTW My main bike is a Kona (Lavadome), surely the most Tiki of the decent mountain bike brands. They even have a model named 'Tiki', which is sadly rather low-grade.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-07-26 1:12 pm   Permalink

PS... the Taboo Tiki was designed by a forum member here, the infamous Kustom-Kultured "Von Franco"!!! He doesn't post much, but he's here.

I saw a greaser riding a Taboo Tiki down Mountain View's main street just last week. Pretty cool!

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-26 2:40 pm   Permalink

If I'm not mistaken, I think he was at Tiki Oasis. There was also a Taboo Tiki Kruiser on display in the vendor area. Not sure who it belongs to but Von Franco was signing it for them. Wish I had brought my Tiki Kruiser.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-26 4:24 pm   Permalink

Man, How cool is this.
This is the best cruiser I've ever seen.
Don't park it near the beach fire.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3619413140&category=7298

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-07-26 16:25 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CruzinTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-27 1:17 pm   Permalink

That's awesome! I just don't know how comfy the seat looks.

View Profile of CruzinTiki Send a personal message to CruzinTiki  Email CruzinTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-27 11:21 pm   Permalink

Check out these bamboo bikes at:
www.vagabondimports.com/bike.htm
There's even a bamboo trike for the kiddies.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation